Pawan Kalyan to Set Up Jana Sena Party Office in Hyderabad Suburbs
By Rama Mohan | April 4, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Having declared that neither he nor his party candidates would contest this year's (2014) elections for Lok Sabha or the State Assembly in Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan is now searching for a suitable place for his party office in Hyderabad.
The actor does not want his party activities to affect the peaceful life of Hyderabad residents, and hence he is searching for a space away from the residential colonies of the city.
"As political leaders, we may think that we are so important to people that we can disturb their peace anytime. But we forget that we have a responsibility not to disturb people in any way, so myself and a few friends are trying hard to locate such an office," The Hindu quoted Kalyan.
Fans of popular film stars in India often go berserk whenever any public event takes place. But Kalyan, who has a vast fan following in AP, took all precautions while organising public meetings for his party launch in Hyderabad and for the release of the party ideology book, "ISM" in Visakhapatnam. No untoward incidents were reported in the two public meetings.
The actor has explained that Jana Sena's office will come into being in full swing by the end of this year with all required office-bearers, who will invite volunteers and make them a part of the party. Jana Sena is determined to bring in a social change in the state.
Till a full-fledged office is established, Kalyan will be the spokesperson of the party. However, the party office-bearers at district-level will keep the communication channels open for the public.
Kalyan, who has vowed to wipe out Congress from Andhra Pradesh, has announced full support to BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. On the other hand, his eldest brother and Union Tourism Mininster K Chiranjeevi is heading the campaign committee of Congress and canvassing in Seemandhra region this election season.
On 3 April he urged voters not to vote YS Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP. "The situation will be worse if Jagan is voted to power," The Times of India quoted Kalyan.
The actor recently stated that he would devote his time equally for his party work and film career.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate