Pawan Kalyan to Set Up Jana Sena Party Office in Hyderabad Suburbs
By Rama Mohan | April 4, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Having declared that neither he nor his party candidates would contest this year's (2014) elections for Lok Sabha or the State Assembly in Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan is now searching for a suitable place for his party office in Hyderabad.
The actor does not want his party activities to affect the peaceful life of Hyderabad residents, and hence he is searching for a space away from the residential colonies of the city.
"As political leaders, we may think that we are so important to people that we can disturb their peace anytime. But we forget that we have a responsibility not to disturb people in any way, so myself and a few friends are trying hard to locate such an office," The Hindu quoted Kalyan.
Fans of popular film stars in India often go berserk whenever any public event takes place. But Kalyan, who has a vast fan following in AP, took all precautions while organising public meetings for his party launch in Hyderabad and for the release of the party ideology book, "ISM" in Visakhapatnam. No untoward incidents were reported in the two public meetings.
The actor has explained that Jana Sena's office will come into being in full swing by the end of this year with all required office-bearers, who will invite volunteers and make them a part of the party. Jana Sena is determined to bring in a social change in the state.
Till a full-fledged office is established, Kalyan will be the spokesperson of the party. However, the party office-bearers at district-level will keep the communication channels open for the public.
Kalyan, who has vowed to wipe out Congress from Andhra Pradesh, has announced full support to BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. On the other hand, his eldest brother and Union Tourism Mininster K Chiranjeevi is heading the campaign committee of Congress and canvassing in Seemandhra region this election season.
On 3 April he urged voters not to vote YS Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP. "The situation will be worse if Jagan is voted to power," The Times of India quoted Kalyan.
The actor recently stated that he would devote his time equally for his party work and film career.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar