Pawan Kalyan to Set Up Jana Sena Party Office in Hyderabad Suburbs
By Rama Mohan | April 4, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Having declared that neither he nor his party candidates would contest this year's (2014) elections for Lok Sabha or the State Assembly in Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan is now searching for a suitable place for his party office in Hyderabad.
The actor does not want his party activities to affect the peaceful life of Hyderabad residents, and hence he is searching for a space away from the residential colonies of the city.
"As political leaders, we may think that we are so important to people that we can disturb their peace anytime. But we forget that we have a responsibility not to disturb people in any way, so myself and a few friends are trying hard to locate such an office," The Hindu quoted Kalyan.
Fans of popular film stars in India often go berserk whenever any public event takes place. But Kalyan, who has a vast fan following in AP, took all precautions while organising public meetings for his party launch in Hyderabad and for the release of the party ideology book, "ISM" in Visakhapatnam. No untoward incidents were reported in the two public meetings.
The actor has explained that Jana Sena's office will come into being in full swing by the end of this year with all required office-bearers, who will invite volunteers and make them a part of the party. Jana Sena is determined to bring in a social change in the state.
Till a full-fledged office is established, Kalyan will be the spokesperson of the party. However, the party office-bearers at district-level will keep the communication channels open for the public.
Kalyan, who has vowed to wipe out Congress from Andhra Pradesh, has announced full support to BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. On the other hand, his eldest brother and Union Tourism Mininster K Chiranjeevi is heading the campaign committee of Congress and canvassing in Seemandhra region this election season.
On 3 April he urged voters not to vote YS Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP. "The situation will be worse if Jagan is voted to power," The Times of India quoted Kalyan.
The actor recently stated that he would devote his time equally for his party work and film career.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates