NCAA March Madness 2014 Final Four Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 4, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Everybody’s brackets should have been busted by now. But that’s not stopping basketball fans from making their bets and picks in the 2014 NCAA Tournament. This year’s March Madness Final Four is set on Saturday in the US (early Sunday morning Australia) and with still roughly two days away from the semis the betting lines are still open.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-3rd Round-Wichita State vs Kentucky
Which teams is the favourite to last the Big Dance? Which teams are pegged as underdogs to win the national title? Below are some (betting) stats and facts, of the Connecticut Huskies, Florida Gators, Wisconsin Badgers and Kentucky Wildcats as they enter the penultimate round of the tournament.
Being seeded No. 1 overall, the Florida Gators were priced the lowest to win the national title as they were the favourites. Two weeks later, they are still alive and kicking and again have the lowest payout among the last four.
Not surprisingly, the other three teams (not seeded No. 1 in their respective regions) are pegged at higher prices. Betting on Kentucky or Wisconsin will net times three the bet wagered and a bet on Connecticut means a times eight payout. In this final four, it pays (better) to trust the dark horses and underdogs.
Huskies vs. Gators Betting Lines
To Win Game: Connecticut (3.55) vs. Florida (1.32)
Spread: Connecticut (+6) vs. Florida (-6)
Wildcats vs. Badgers Betting Lines
To Win Game: Kentucky (1.83) vs. Wisconsin (2.02)
Spread: Kentucky (-1.0) vs. Wisconsin (+1.0)
It’s the same pattern for the single game odds: Florida is a big favourite against Connecticut in their Final Four match while Kentucky and Wisconsin with similar lines to win it all are a toss-up in their semis match-up.
Can Connecticut pull-off the upset against Florida? Can they even cover the six-point spread? Who comes out on top between Kentucky and Wisconsin?
Betting Against the Spread
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games against winning teams
Florida Gators Trends
- The Gators are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Gators are 20-9 ATS in their last 29 games in the NCAA Tournament
- The Gators are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a win
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Big Ten teams
- The Wildcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games
Wisconsin Badgers Trends
- The Badgers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Badgers are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 non-conference games
- The Badgers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. winning teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money