NCAA March Madness 2014 Final Four Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 4, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Everybody’s brackets should have been busted by now. But that’s not stopping basketball fans from making their bets and picks in the 2014 NCAA Tournament. This year’s March Madness Final Four is set on Saturday in the US (early Sunday morning Australia) and with still roughly two days away from the semis the betting lines are still open.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-3rd Round-Wichita State vs Kentucky
Which teams is the favourite to last the Big Dance? Which teams are pegged as underdogs to win the national title? Below are some (betting) stats and facts, of the Connecticut Huskies, Florida Gators, Wisconsin Badgers and Kentucky Wildcats as they enter the penultimate round of the tournament.
Being seeded No. 1 overall, the Florida Gators were priced the lowest to win the national title as they were the favourites. Two weeks later, they are still alive and kicking and again have the lowest payout among the last four.
Not surprisingly, the other three teams (not seeded No. 1 in their respective regions) are pegged at higher prices. Betting on Kentucky or Wisconsin will net times three the bet wagered and a bet on Connecticut means a times eight payout. In this final four, it pays (better) to trust the dark horses and underdogs.
Huskies vs. Gators Betting Lines
To Win Game: Connecticut (3.55) vs. Florida (1.32)
Spread: Connecticut (+6) vs. Florida (-6)
Wildcats vs. Badgers Betting Lines
To Win Game: Kentucky (1.83) vs. Wisconsin (2.02)
Spread: Kentucky (-1.0) vs. Wisconsin (+1.0)
It’s the same pattern for the single game odds: Florida is a big favourite against Connecticut in their Final Four match while Kentucky and Wisconsin with similar lines to win it all are a toss-up in their semis match-up.
Can Connecticut pull-off the upset against Florida? Can they even cover the six-point spread? Who comes out on top between Kentucky and Wisconsin?
Betting Against the Spread
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games against winning teams
Florida Gators Trends
- The Gators are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Gators are 20-9 ATS in their last 29 games in the NCAA Tournament
- The Gators are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a win
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Big Ten teams
- The Wildcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games
Wisconsin Badgers Trends
- The Badgers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Badgers are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 non-conference games
- The Badgers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. winning teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date