Watch ICC Women’s World T20 2014 Semifinals: England vs South Africa Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | April 4, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Can Charlotte Edwards' team make it to yet another final of the World T20? Reuters
England, the tournament favourites, are not going to take South Africa lightly in their semifinal clash, especially after the Proteas defeated seasoned contenders New Zealand in the must-win match of the group stage, to book their place in the final four. However, being a more experienced side and having won all previous seven matches against their opposition on Friday, England skipper Charlotte Edwards was positive about her team's chances.
"In recent times, we've been pretty successful against them," Edwards said. "But two years ago, when we played them I said they would be a force to be reckoned with within the next few years, and to see them play so well the other night kind of backed up what I was thinking a couple of years ago.
"Anyone can present a challenge in this form of the game. They've certainly got some good young players, a variety of bowlers, which we haven't seen, so the unknown is there a little bit at the moment. I would say they've got the core five or six players, but they've got a couple of legspinners now who are quality bowlers, and a varied attack that could be quite threatening."
This is the first ICC event where the Proteas have made it to the final four since they achieved the same feat in the 2000 50-over World Cup. To beat the Kiwis on Monday took a special 51 off 47 by skipper Mignon du Preez, who said that the stage is set perfectly for the team to relish the attention and the exposure.
"It's a great moment for South African cricket to see both the men's team and the women's team playing the semifinal on the same day," du Preez said. "It's a situation we've never been in before, so that makes it extra special for us. To be playing in front of a big crowd and the television audiences would be a wonderful exposure for this team.
"Where we are today is purely because of the work all of us have put in. At the World Cup last year, we showed signs of developing as a side even though the results didn't go our way, but coming in here, there was a change in mindset, strategies, and so far we've executed all our plans perfectly. We're all excited about the semis."
Where to Watch Live Online and TV [England women vs South Africa women]
Match starts at 2.30 pm local time, 2.00 pm IST, 8.30 am GMT. Viewers in India and the subcontinent can watch the match live on Star Sports 1 and 3 and online viewers can click HERE for the live action. For viewers in UK, the match will be covered by Sky Sports and can be live streamed HERE or HERE. Viewers in South Africa can tune in to SuperSport for the live action, with the live streaming option HERE. Viewers in Australia can watch the action live on Fox Sports while the match will be covered live in the US on ESPN. Online viewers US can stream the match live HERE.
England women: Charlotte Edwards (capt), Tammy Beaumont, Lydia Greenway, Rebecca Grundy, Jenny Gunn, Danielle Hazell, Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Sarah Taylor, Frances Wilson, Kate Cross, Jodie Dibble, Georgia Elwiss.
South Africa women: Mignon du Preez (capt), Trisha Chetty, Shandre Fritz, Dane van Niekerk, Yolandi van der Westhuzien, Moseline Daniels, Marizanne Kapp, Lizelle Lee, Shabnim Ismal. Marcia Letsoalo, Sunette Loubser, Sune Luus, Nadine Moodley, Chloe Tyron, Andrie Steyn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date