Watch ICC Women’s World T20 2014 Semifinals: England vs South Africa Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | April 4, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Can Charlotte Edwards' team make it to yet another final of the World T20? Reuters
England, the tournament favourites, are not going to take South Africa lightly in their semifinal clash, especially after the Proteas defeated seasoned contenders New Zealand in the must-win match of the group stage, to book their place in the final four. However, being a more experienced side and having won all previous seven matches against their opposition on Friday, England skipper Charlotte Edwards was positive about her team's chances.
"In recent times, we've been pretty successful against them," Edwards said. "But two years ago, when we played them I said they would be a force to be reckoned with within the next few years, and to see them play so well the other night kind of backed up what I was thinking a couple of years ago.
"Anyone can present a challenge in this form of the game. They've certainly got some good young players, a variety of bowlers, which we haven't seen, so the unknown is there a little bit at the moment. I would say they've got the core five or six players, but they've got a couple of legspinners now who are quality bowlers, and a varied attack that could be quite threatening."
This is the first ICC event where the Proteas have made it to the final four since they achieved the same feat in the 2000 50-over World Cup. To beat the Kiwis on Monday took a special 51 off 47 by skipper Mignon du Preez, who said that the stage is set perfectly for the team to relish the attention and the exposure.
"It's a great moment for South African cricket to see both the men's team and the women's team playing the semifinal on the same day," du Preez said. "It's a situation we've never been in before, so that makes it extra special for us. To be playing in front of a big crowd and the television audiences would be a wonderful exposure for this team.
"Where we are today is purely because of the work all of us have put in. At the World Cup last year, we showed signs of developing as a side even though the results didn't go our way, but coming in here, there was a change in mindset, strategies, and so far we've executed all our plans perfectly. We're all excited about the semis."
Where to Watch Live Online and TV [England women vs South Africa women]
Match starts at 2.30 pm local time, 2.00 pm IST, 8.30 am GMT. Viewers in India and the subcontinent can watch the match live on Star Sports 1 and 3 and online viewers can click HERE for the live action. For viewers in UK, the match will be covered by Sky Sports and can be live streamed HERE or HERE. Viewers in South Africa can tune in to SuperSport for the live action, with the live streaming option HERE. Viewers in Australia can watch the action live on Fox Sports while the match will be covered live in the US on ESPN. Online viewers US can stream the match live HERE.
England women: Charlotte Edwards (capt), Tammy Beaumont, Lydia Greenway, Rebecca Grundy, Jenny Gunn, Danielle Hazell, Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Sarah Taylor, Frances Wilson, Kate Cross, Jodie Dibble, Georgia Elwiss.
South Africa women: Mignon du Preez (capt), Trisha Chetty, Shandre Fritz, Dane van Niekerk, Yolandi van der Westhuzien, Moseline Daniels, Marizanne Kapp, Lizelle Lee, Shabnim Ismal. Marcia Letsoalo, Sunette Loubser, Sune Luus, Nadine Moodley, Chloe Tyron, Andrie Steyn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements