It's Official: Ajith-Gautham Menon's 'Thala 55' Shooting to Commence on 9 April
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 4, 2014 6:07 PM EST
Here is some exciting news for Ajith fans. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty Confirmed for Ajith's "Thala 55"; Will Trisha be Part of Gautham's Film?]
Finally, there is an official announcement on Ajith-Gautham Menon project, which is tentatively titled (by fans) "Thala 55." It has been confirmed that the new film will commence from 9 April. However, details about its cast and crew will be announced later.
There have been a lot of speculations doing the rounds about Ajith-Gautham Menon project ever since the film was officially announced last year. The untitled flick was expected to go on floors on 15 February 2014, but it was delayed due to unknown reasons.
Since then, fans and media circles have been buzzing about the film with each passing day. Speculations were rife about the film's plot, Ajith's character and details about the other cast and crew members.
At last, an official announcement about the project has come today (4 April). To read the press release, click HERE
Thank you for waiting, all you eager beavers out there, some patiently, some not so. Ajith, ratnam sir and me. Shoot begins 9th..— Gauthamvasudevmenon (@menongautham) April 4, 2014
I can't wait to announce the rest of the cast and crew. Especially music. Please wait for a special announcement about the music director.— Gauthamvasudevmenon (@menongautham) April 4, 2014
This small piece of information is enough to send fans into frenzy. They will be eagerly waiting to get more information about the project.
The film will be produced under Sri Satya Sai Movies Banner. It may be recalled that the same banner produced Ajith's "Arrambam," which hit the screens last year.
The Buzz on "Thala 55"
While the official date on the commencement of the film is out, still there are details that fans would be eager to know about - Ajith's role, film's cast and crew.
So far, there has been a buzz that Ajith will be playing the role of investigative officer. Anushka Shetty and Harris Jayaraj have reportedly been approached to be the female lead role and music composer, respectively.
It was speculated that Arvind Swamy and Arun Vijay will be donning the role of villains. The "Bombay" actor has denied playing villain role without mentioning the film's name. On the other hand, there has not been any clarification from Arun Vijay.
Fans may need to wait a little longer to get complete details about the big budget entertainer.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales