It's Official: Ajith-Gautham Menon's 'Thala 55' Shooting to Commence on 9 April
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 4, 2014 6:07 PM EST
Here is some exciting news for Ajith fans. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty Confirmed for Ajith's "Thala 55"; Will Trisha be Part of Gautham's Film?]
Finally, there is an official announcement on Ajith-Gautham Menon project, which is tentatively titled (by fans) "Thala 55." It has been confirmed that the new film will commence from 9 April. However, details about its cast and crew will be announced later.
There have been a lot of speculations doing the rounds about Ajith-Gautham Menon project ever since the film was officially announced last year. The untitled flick was expected to go on floors on 15 February 2014, but it was delayed due to unknown reasons.
Since then, fans and media circles have been buzzing about the film with each passing day. Speculations were rife about the film's plot, Ajith's character and details about the other cast and crew members.
At last, an official announcement about the project has come today (4 April). To read the press release, click HERE
Thank you for waiting, all you eager beavers out there, some patiently, some not so. Ajith, ratnam sir and me. Shoot begins 9th..— Gauthamvasudevmenon (@menongautham) April 4, 2014
I can't wait to announce the rest of the cast and crew. Especially music. Please wait for a special announcement about the music director.— Gauthamvasudevmenon (@menongautham) April 4, 2014
This small piece of information is enough to send fans into frenzy. They will be eagerly waiting to get more information about the project.
The film will be produced under Sri Satya Sai Movies Banner. It may be recalled that the same banner produced Ajith's "Arrambam," which hit the screens last year.
The Buzz on "Thala 55"
While the official date on the commencement of the film is out, still there are details that fans would be eager to know about - Ajith's role, film's cast and crew.
So far, there has been a buzz that Ajith will be playing the role of investigative officer. Anushka Shetty and Harris Jayaraj have reportedly been approached to be the female lead role and music composer, respectively.
It was speculated that Arvind Swamy and Arun Vijay will be donning the role of villains. The "Bombay" actor has denied playing villain role without mentioning the film's name. On the other hand, there has not been any clarification from Arun Vijay.
Fans may need to wait a little longer to get complete details about the big budget entertainer.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch