'Naan Sigappu Manithan' Gets 'U/A'; Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's Lip-Lock Scene Retained
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 4, 2014 4:27 PM EST
The much-talked about lip-lock scene in "Naan Sigappu Manithan" will be retained in the film, despite the revising committee of the censor board unwilling to give a "U" rating.
Naan Sigappu Manithan Poster (Facebook)
Few days ago, when "Naan Sigappu Manithan" was shown to the censor board, it refused to give a clean chit ("U" rating) citing the lip lock scene. Censor board agreed to give a "U" certificate only if the scenes were removed from the film.
Apparently, the makers didn't want to remove the scenes as they considered it was crucial for the film's narrative. The censor board gave a "U/A" rating, following which "Naan Sigappu Manithan" team approached the revising committee of the censor board.
The revising committee watched the film on 3 April and decided to retain the "U/A" rating with minor cuts from the film. "Naan Sigappu Manithan" team was asked to cut a few scenes and also trim the kissing sequence in the film if they wanted a "U" rating.
However, the team opted to retain the lip-lock scene and agreed to the "U/A" rating with minimal cuts.
"Censor board was demanding the cuts in specific scenes in Flashback to give U, which will dilute the impact of the film as they are integral part of the story. Only minor cuts in kissing & underwater scenes were sought along with that. We decided to go with U/A with minimal cuts to retain the intensity of the narration," Naan Sigappu Manithan" producers told Sify.
"The unanimous view of the members was the film has come out very well and should be presented as it is to retain the impact. So to present an high impact film we are going with U/A," they said.
The Vishal-Lakshmi Menon will release on the scheduled date of 11 April.
Directed by Thiru, "Naan Sigappu Manithan" will have Vishal appearing in the role of a guy who suffers narcolepsy - a sleep disorder.
The film's trailer has already generated a lot of positive about its content. It is expected to take a good opening upon its release, considering the film will have a solo big release during the Tamil New Year weekend.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points