HTC One M8: Latest HTC Smartphone Unveiled in Dubai, 'Gold Edition' to be Launched Soon
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 4, 2014 3:38 PM EST
The latest HTC smartphone, HTC One M8, was officially launched in Dubai last Wednesday, April 2, with the announcement on the device's availability across the UAE and Saudi Arabia starting on Friday, April 4. AT the launching event, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer announced as well that they will launch a "Gold Edition" of the HTC One M8 in the Middle East.
Phil Blair, the HTC EMEA President, confirmed in the Gulf Business report that the HTC One M8 Gold Edition price will be very expensive. HTC refused to reveal the exact pricing scheme for the gold smartphone model but teased that it will fall on a five-figure dollar amount and launch schedule is set by the end of April or in early May.
"We kicked off a real gold version which will be launched in this region and there will be global exclusivity for the first two weeks of its life," Phil Blair stated in The National report. Aside from the gold-plated variant, device enthusiasts can still choose from the three different colour options of the HTC One M8 which is set to be also available in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
The HTC smartphone price in the UAE is at Dhs 2,750 while in Saudi Arabia, the HTC One M8 is worth SAR 2,800. With competitors Apple and Samsung in the region, HTC does not seem fazed as the HTC EMEA President Phil Blair confidently stated that the company can increase marketshare and invest heavily in selling the new HTC One M8 across the region.
Moreover, HTC MEA Executive Director Nikitas Glykas described the device to be a "premium product" comparable to an expensive watch or a fine piece of jewelry. The HTC One M8 features and specs include a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display with a Super LCD3 touch screen and Gorilla Glass 3 in the more or less 90 percent metal body design.
The new HTC device boasts with the latest HTC interface Sense 6, 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot.
As for the HTC One M8 camera capabilities, the 5MP front facing wide-angle camera makes the device the "best phone to take selfies" together with its UltraPixel duo-camera located at the back. The camera features include dual flash, full HD video recording and photo editing with UFocus, Dimension Plus, Seasons, Foregrounder and Image match.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display