HTC One M8: Latest HTC Smartphone Unveiled in Dubai, 'Gold Edition' to be Launched Soon
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 4, 2014 3:38 PM EST
The latest HTC smartphone, HTC One M8, was officially launched in Dubai last Wednesday, April 2, with the announcement on the device's availability across the UAE and Saudi Arabia starting on Friday, April 4. AT the launching event, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer announced as well that they will launch a "Gold Edition" of the HTC One M8 in the Middle East.
Phil Blair, the HTC EMEA President, confirmed in the Gulf Business report that the HTC One M8 Gold Edition price will be very expensive. HTC refused to reveal the exact pricing scheme for the gold smartphone model but teased that it will fall on a five-figure dollar amount and launch schedule is set by the end of April or in early May.
"We kicked off a real gold version which will be launched in this region and there will be global exclusivity for the first two weeks of its life," Phil Blair stated in The National report. Aside from the gold-plated variant, device enthusiasts can still choose from the three different colour options of the HTC One M8 which is set to be also available in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
The HTC smartphone price in the UAE is at Dhs 2,750 while in Saudi Arabia, the HTC One M8 is worth SAR 2,800. With competitors Apple and Samsung in the region, HTC does not seem fazed as the HTC EMEA President Phil Blair confidently stated that the company can increase marketshare and invest heavily in selling the new HTC One M8 across the region.
Moreover, HTC MEA Executive Director Nikitas Glykas described the device to be a "premium product" comparable to an expensive watch or a fine piece of jewelry. The HTC One M8 features and specs include a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display with a Super LCD3 touch screen and Gorilla Glass 3 in the more or less 90 percent metal body design.
The new HTC device boasts with the latest HTC interface Sense 6, 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot.
As for the HTC One M8 camera capabilities, the 5MP front facing wide-angle camera makes the device the "best phone to take selfies" together with its UltraPixel duo-camera located at the back. The camera features include dual flash, full HD video recording and photo editing with UFocus, Dimension Plus, Seasons, Foregrounder and Image match.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand