HTC One M8: Latest HTC Smartphone Unveiled in Dubai, 'Gold Edition' to be Launched Soon
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 4, 2014 3:38 PM EST
The latest HTC smartphone, HTC One M8, was officially launched in Dubai last Wednesday, April 2, with the announcement on the device's availability across the UAE and Saudi Arabia starting on Friday, April 4. AT the launching event, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer announced as well that they will launch a "Gold Edition" of the HTC One M8 in the Middle East.
Phil Blair, the HTC EMEA President, confirmed in the Gulf Business report that the HTC One M8 Gold Edition price will be very expensive. HTC refused to reveal the exact pricing scheme for the gold smartphone model but teased that it will fall on a five-figure dollar amount and launch schedule is set by the end of April or in early May.
"We kicked off a real gold version which will be launched in this region and there will be global exclusivity for the first two weeks of its life," Phil Blair stated in The National report. Aside from the gold-plated variant, device enthusiasts can still choose from the three different colour options of the HTC One M8 which is set to be also available in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
The HTC smartphone price in the UAE is at Dhs 2,750 while in Saudi Arabia, the HTC One M8 is worth SAR 2,800. With competitors Apple and Samsung in the region, HTC does not seem fazed as the HTC EMEA President Phil Blair confidently stated that the company can increase marketshare and invest heavily in selling the new HTC One M8 across the region.
Moreover, HTC MEA Executive Director Nikitas Glykas described the device to be a "premium product" comparable to an expensive watch or a fine piece of jewelry. The HTC One M8 features and specs include a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display with a Super LCD3 touch screen and Gorilla Glass 3 in the more or less 90 percent metal body design.
The new HTC device boasts with the latest HTC interface Sense 6, 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot.
As for the HTC One M8 camera capabilities, the 5MP front facing wide-angle camera makes the device the "best phone to take selfies" together with its UltraPixel duo-camera located at the back. The camera features include dual flash, full HD video recording and photo editing with UFocus, Dimension Plus, Seasons, Foregrounder and Image match.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related