Google Nexus 6 vs iPhone 6: Nexus 6 Release Date in October plus Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | April 4, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Google's Nexus program will continue as reports about the release of Nexus 6 surface. According to recent reports, the Nexus 6 will arrive around October. The template of the device will be HTC's One M8 instead of the LG G3. What prompted Google to switch to HTC? What can people expect about the next Nexus smartphone?
According to a report by Android Geeks, the new Nexus 6 smartphone will come around October. As mentioned, it appears HTC will have the final say on what the smartphone will be. According to a report by AndroidPIT, it looks like Google decided to drop LG as their Nexus partner. The company chose to go with HTC in hopes of competing against Apple's iPhone 6.
HTC has been proving to be a quality smartphone producer starting with its HTC One series. Google contracted HTC before to create the first Nexus smartphone. That was in 2010. It was the first time that Google and HTC paired up. HTC was also the producer of the first ever Android smartphone. The company created the T-Mobile G1 for Google back in October 2008.
Android Geeks reported a number of features that people may expect of the upcoming Nexus. These include:
- 5.5-inch display
- Quadcore Snapdragon 801
- 2GB RAM
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Android 4.5 which may come out as Lollipop
Google has been releasing fixes for its Android 4.4 KitKat system. There are reports that it will be releasing the Android 4.4.3 to provide bug fixes to almost everything. The company has been concentrating on the maintenance of its devices.
If Google Nexus 6 will come out in October, it will go against Apple's iPhone 6 slated for a September release. The upcoming Apple iPhone 6 will reportedly come with the following features:
- Sapphire display offering Full HD 1,920x1,080 resolution
- Two screen variations: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches (It is likely the Nexus 6 will compete against the 5.5 judging on their orientation.)
- liquid metals for stronger construction
- A8 chip
It is too early to say if Nexus 6 or iPhone 6 will get the lead. The Nexus 6 still have little information available. Google has always been good at pricing whereas Apple has a strong smartphone consumer base. The final verdict will be once the two smartphones hit the market officially.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists