Google Nexus 6 vs iPhone 6: Nexus 6 Release Date in October plus Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | April 4, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Google's Nexus program will continue as reports about the release of Nexus 6 surface. According to recent reports, the Nexus 6 will arrive around October. The template of the device will be HTC's One M8 instead of the LG G3. What prompted Google to switch to HTC? What can people expect about the next Nexus smartphone?
According to a report by Android Geeks, the new Nexus 6 smartphone will come around October. As mentioned, it appears HTC will have the final say on what the smartphone will be. According to a report by AndroidPIT, it looks like Google decided to drop LG as their Nexus partner. The company chose to go with HTC in hopes of competing against Apple's iPhone 6.
HTC has been proving to be a quality smartphone producer starting with its HTC One series. Google contracted HTC before to create the first Nexus smartphone. That was in 2010. It was the first time that Google and HTC paired up. HTC was also the producer of the first ever Android smartphone. The company created the T-Mobile G1 for Google back in October 2008.
Android Geeks reported a number of features that people may expect of the upcoming Nexus. These include:
- 5.5-inch display
- Quadcore Snapdragon 801
- 2GB RAM
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Android 4.5 which may come out as Lollipop
Google has been releasing fixes for its Android 4.4 KitKat system. There are reports that it will be releasing the Android 4.4.3 to provide bug fixes to almost everything. The company has been concentrating on the maintenance of its devices.
If Google Nexus 6 will come out in October, it will go against Apple's iPhone 6 slated for a September release. The upcoming Apple iPhone 6 will reportedly come with the following features:
- Sapphire display offering Full HD 1,920x1,080 resolution
- Two screen variations: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches (It is likely the Nexus 6 will compete against the 5.5 judging on their orientation.)
- liquid metals for stronger construction
- A8 chip
It is too early to say if Nexus 6 or iPhone 6 will get the lead. The Nexus 6 still have little information available. Google has always been good at pricing whereas Apple has a strong smartphone consumer base. The final verdict will be once the two smartphones hit the market officially.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft