Microsoft Build 2014 Highlights: Nokia 630, 635, and 930 Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 4, 2014 2:33 PM EST
The Microsoft Build has been held at the Moscone Center, San Francisco California in April 2 to 4, 2014. The two-day event is attended by technology enthusiast from different parts of the globe to take a first glimpse of the newest Microsoft offers.
New Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella (R) is pictured with Bill Gates in this undated handout photo obtained by Reuters on March 25, 2014. Nadella, the Indian-born self-described cricket fanatic who took over as Microsoft Corp's chief executive in February 2014, makes his public debut March 27, 2014 and is expected to go on the offensive right away with some bold strokes.
One of the biggest headliners in the event is the unveiling of three of Nokia's new products, the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635, and the Lumia 930 which is Nokia's newest flagship. The Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 models got a good impression from spectators with decent features delivered in a low-cost price. The Lumia 930, on the other hand, is a spotlight stealer with 20MP camera among a load of features that can battle with the newest flagships of Nokia's competitors.
The catch with these handsets are their affordable price tags. The Lumia 630 holds $179 for the US market while the Lumia 635 models comes in $189. The Nokia Lumia 930 will be offered for $599 which is a very reasonable price for its features. All of the phones brings the Windows 8.1 operating system, and they are the first in the smartphone class.
More Highlights from Microsoft Build 2014
Windows 8 is designed with the users using touch-based devices in mind, missing those who prefer a desktop and a mouse. Windows 8.1 was on the works to address the issues unsolved by its predecessor. The event highlighted the new features Windows 8.1 offer, as well as the devices it powers.
Cortana's leak has been shown early in March and there was a huge speculation that it is going to be unveiled at any time in 2014. The previous video leak did not provide an audio of Cortana's voice, but showed that it has the same abilities of Apple's Siri and Google Now.
The rumours about Cortana was confirmed in the Microsoft Build 2014 and became a subject of interest since it signals that Microsoft and Nokia are going head on with competitors in mobile and software wars.
Cortana can help the phone user with basic commands of their device such as performing searches, setting appointments, and playing music. Like any voice assistant, Cortana learns the more you use its functions, but reviewers say that Cortana is better than its rivals.
Nokia Lumia 930 Revealed in Microsoft Build 2014, Features, Price in Australia
Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 in Microsoft Build 2014, Features, Price in Australia
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones