Google Nexus 6 Release Soon as Android 4.5 Comes: Release Date and Features
By Precious Silva | April 4, 2014 2:19 PM EST
HTC just released the HTC One M8. As the smartphone draw attention, reports about Google's Nexus 6 now surface as well. According to recent information, Google has tapped HTC into releasing its next flagship phone. Along with the new Nexus 8, recent reports also note that the Google may be releasing a new mobile operating system with it. Will the Google Nexus 6 debut with Android 4.5 this year? What can people expect?
Given HTC's release of the M8, the market has been buzzing about what Google has in store. Previous reports noted that HTC will be the company behind the Google Nexus 8. There were also reports about the M8 being the template for the Nexus 6. This goes against previous information saying that the next Nexus smartphone will follow the design and concept of LG's G3.
Nonetheless, analysts think that despite the template, Google will want to tweak the specs more to match its pricing preference. Based from previous Nexus programs, Google has been specific about including premium features on its devices but for a good price. The Nexus program has been competitive because of its focus and it does not seem Google plans on changing that strategy any time soon.
HTC was the creator of the first Nexus back in 2010. Google has then since paired up with LG and Samsung for other Nexus devices. This time, it appears Google wants to back to its roots. According to a report by Android Geeks, the Nexus 6 will come with a 5.5-inch display, quadcore Snapdragon 801 processor, 16GB/32GB internal memory plus 2GB RAM.
The report also noted that there are high expectations for the Nexus 6. The Nexus 5 is among the fastest and most stable Android devices tested today. There are also reports that Google has been working on a new mobile operating system, the Android 4.5.
Google's I/O event will be around June and analysts are expecting to unveil a new operating system by then. While there are reports of the Android 4.4.3, Android 4.5 started surfacing again. According to a report by Trusted Reviews, some of the expected features include:
- Improved Google Now
- Better security
- Faster performance and improved battery life
- Multi-window support
- Enhanced camera
- Smartwatch connectivity
- Enhanced functionality
Google will have to make an official announcement about the operating system and device. Android 4.5 will reportedly come around June or July whereas the Nexus 6 will be around October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around