'HTC One M8 Mini' With 4.5-inches Display Coming This May; HTC Desire 616 Coming in April
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 4, 2014 2:06 PM EST
HTC CEO Peter Chou shows the new HTC One M8 phone during a launch event in New York March 25, 2014. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
According to a report, a British retailer has claimed HTC plans to launch HTC One M8 Mini in May. But there is no official confirmation from HTC regarding this.
The Mini version will feature a premium unibody aluminum design similar to that HTC One M8. Also, HTC is increasing the screen size of its original HTC One Mini from 4.3 to 4.5 inches. The display resolution could be one of 720p or 1080p range.
When it comes to the current crop of Android smartphones, HTC One M8 has beaten Samsung's Galaxy S5 and LG's G3 to market. Apart from the exterior appearance, the hardware side is also being praised upon for its super-fast quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset.
According to the same source, the HTC One (M8)'s "Duo Camera" setup will be replaced by a single camera setup for compact version to be in line with the price range.
The unique selling point of the HTC One M8 is its Duo Camera setup that comes with 4 ultrapixels camera instead of the standard MP camera. HTC is the pioneer in bringing ultrapixel to the fore. The duo camera has two lenses, while the primary lens is used to capture the image as a whole. The secondary lens captures the in-depth details about the image.
The other advantage of this camera set up is that it lets the user refocus the captured images after they have been shot. Also, the front camera is pretty good owing to HTC One M8 that houses a 5 MP front facing camera, which gives HTC the competitive advantage.
HTC is expected to house a single rear camera in its new compact version. But there is no confirmation that if this would be an ultrapixel camera or a standard shooter.
Also, HTC's first octa-core smartphone rumored to be Desire 616 is back in news. According to Phone Arena, HTC Desire 616 can be expected sometime in April.
The new HTC One M8 Mini will see fierce competition from Samsung's Galaxy S5 Mini and LG G2 Mini. It is also speculated that HTC One M8 Mini will run in the same Android 4.4 KitKat OS and Sense 6.0 software combination.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast