Samsung News: Possible New Galaxy S5 Spotted with Higher Specs Plus S5 Zoom Leaked Again
By Gel Galang | April 4, 2014 1:43 PM EST
As the world awaits the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 this April 11--unless you're in the areas where it's already available via rogue retailers--a new Samsung Galaxy S5 has been spotted on the GFXBench, which could mean another handset with different innards.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 is said to pack higher specs, including the 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 graphics, a 5.2-inch QHD display, and 3GB of RAM, reports Phone Arena.
Apart from this, the new Samsung Galaxy S5 model is said to have 16-megapixel rear camera, as spotted in the specs sheet.
However, there is also the possibility that the new Samsung model, touted to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G906S, may also be another Samsung device that's not a variety of the Galaxy S5.
This is because there are other Samsung models that have been leaked with model names, including the SM-G900R4 and the SM-G900, both of which are purported Samsung Galaxy S5 models as well.
It's still a wait and see if Samsung will be announcing another device for the year, but it would be interesting to see what kind of technology will be powering this supposed new Galaxy S5 model.
New specs and a name for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom has been leaked quite a number of times already though the device has not yet been officially announced by the Korean company.
If the previous information still prove insufficient for the tech-hungry, there are a few new leaks for the S5 Zoom, starting with the new name for the product. Instead of the Galaxy S5 Zoom, GSM Arena reports that the spin-off to the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship will be called the Galaxy K Zoom.
What's more, there's a huge improvement on the design when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. As seen in the captured image in the link, the lens no longer make the entire unit bulky, as it does not protrude when you're not using the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom.
And from the looks of the device, it will have a slicker leather-y finish and a 10x zoom confirmed via the inscription at the back. Previous details that have been pegged for the Galaxy K Zoom include a 4.8-inch display, the Android Kitkat operating on the TouchWiz UI, the 1.6 GHz quad-core chip or Exynos hexa-core with two cores.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying