Samsung News: Possible New Galaxy S5 Spotted with Higher Specs Plus S5 Zoom Leaked Again
By Gel Galang | April 4, 2014 1:43 PM EST
As the world awaits the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 this April 11--unless you're in the areas where it's already available via rogue retailers--a new Samsung Galaxy S5 has been spotted on the GFXBench, which could mean another handset with different innards.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 is said to pack higher specs, including the 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 graphics, a 5.2-inch QHD display, and 3GB of RAM, reports Phone Arena.
Apart from this, the new Samsung Galaxy S5 model is said to have 16-megapixel rear camera, as spotted in the specs sheet.
However, there is also the possibility that the new Samsung model, touted to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G906S, may also be another Samsung device that's not a variety of the Galaxy S5.
This is because there are other Samsung models that have been leaked with model names, including the SM-G900R4 and the SM-G900, both of which are purported Samsung Galaxy S5 models as well.
It's still a wait and see if Samsung will be announcing another device for the year, but it would be interesting to see what kind of technology will be powering this supposed new Galaxy S5 model.
New specs and a name for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom has been leaked quite a number of times already though the device has not yet been officially announced by the Korean company.
If the previous information still prove insufficient for the tech-hungry, there are a few new leaks for the S5 Zoom, starting with the new name for the product. Instead of the Galaxy S5 Zoom, GSM Arena reports that the spin-off to the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship will be called the Galaxy K Zoom.
What's more, there's a huge improvement on the design when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. As seen in the captured image in the link, the lens no longer make the entire unit bulky, as it does not protrude when you're not using the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom.
And from the looks of the device, it will have a slicker leather-y finish and a 10x zoom confirmed via the inscription at the back. Previous details that have been pegged for the Galaxy K Zoom include a 4.8-inch display, the Android Kitkat operating on the TouchWiz UI, the 1.6 GHz quad-core chip or Exynos hexa-core with two cores.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate