Samsung News: Possible New Galaxy S5 Spotted with Higher Specs Plus S5 Zoom Leaked Again
By Gel Galang | April 4, 2014 1:43 PM EST
As the world awaits the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 this April 11--unless you're in the areas where it's already available via rogue retailers--a new Samsung Galaxy S5 has been spotted on the GFXBench, which could mean another handset with different innards.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 is said to pack higher specs, including the 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 graphics, a 5.2-inch QHD display, and 3GB of RAM, reports Phone Arena.
Apart from this, the new Samsung Galaxy S5 model is said to have 16-megapixel rear camera, as spotted in the specs sheet.
However, there is also the possibility that the new Samsung model, touted to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G906S, may also be another Samsung device that's not a variety of the Galaxy S5.
This is because there are other Samsung models that have been leaked with model names, including the SM-G900R4 and the SM-G900, both of which are purported Samsung Galaxy S5 models as well.
It's still a wait and see if Samsung will be announcing another device for the year, but it would be interesting to see what kind of technology will be powering this supposed new Galaxy S5 model.
New specs and a name for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom has been leaked quite a number of times already though the device has not yet been officially announced by the Korean company.
If the previous information still prove insufficient for the tech-hungry, there are a few new leaks for the S5 Zoom, starting with the new name for the product. Instead of the Galaxy S5 Zoom, GSM Arena reports that the spin-off to the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship will be called the Galaxy K Zoom.
What's more, there's a huge improvement on the design when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. As seen in the captured image in the link, the lens no longer make the entire unit bulky, as it does not protrude when you're not using the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom.
And from the looks of the device, it will have a slicker leather-y finish and a 10x zoom confirmed via the inscription at the back. Previous details that have been pegged for the Galaxy K Zoom include a 4.8-inch display, the Android Kitkat operating on the TouchWiz UI, the 1.6 GHz quad-core chip or Exynos hexa-core with two cores.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal