Gaming News: PlayStation Plus April Offerings, Halo Digital Project Announced and Don’t Starve’s DLC Adds Creatures
By Gel Galang | April 4, 2014 1:16 PM EST
The April line-up for the PlayStation Plus has already been revealed to include Mercenary Kings for the PS4, while PS3 members can expect to play Batman: Arkham City for free-a good way to get back in the groove for when Rocksteady's final installment hits.
According to the PlayStation Blog, there is also a list of Spring Fever discounts, all from the Spiderman franchise. You can pick up a Spiderman game for as low as $1.79, while Obscure: The Aftermath, also joins the Spring Fever Sale, now only at $5.
For those who weren't able to get last months' PlayStation Plus games, you still have a few days before Borderlands 2 for the PS3 is out of the Instant Game Collection.
Check out the comprehensive list for the Spring fever sale at the link above.
Halo gets digital feature apart from Spielberg project
News related to the Halo franchise has been sparse at best, especially after the confirmation that a Halo game is coming to the Xbox One and a Spielberg-helmed TV series will be coming.
Now, new information via IGN has been spotted detailing a "digital feature project" for the Halo franchise. According to the source, the digital project is not a film, though no details have been provided as of the moment. The only hint that had been announced by Microsoft is that this will be a work from 343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios and Ridley Scott's Scott Free Productions.
At the very least, it's another work from the Halo franchise that's not just limited to Steven Spielberg's own production.
Don't Starve DLC already out, more creatures coming
The survival open-world indie game from Klei Entertainment, Don't Starve, is back with a DLC that expands the game with new monsters. Already out on Early Access via Steam, Don't Starve: Reign of Giants gives you more characters, more seasons, more creatures, more biomes and more challenges.
"It's still missing a few pieces of content and will definitely have additional bugs and balance issues. To iron that stuff out, we're going on Early Access so that we can get even more people playing and getting their eyes on the game," said the developer over Steam.
"During our Early Access period, we're hoping players will continue to submit bug reports, suggestions, and feedback on our forums so that we can make the expansion as balanced, polished and fun as possible."
Even on Early Access, gamers can expect an expanded world with two new playable characters. You can either play as stage actress Wigfrid or Webber, who is currently living inside a spider. New seasons mean that you will have to go through all the seasons of the year, while new biomes will introduce new creatures and gatherables that can either help you get through or push you over the edge.
You can download the game on Early Access via Steam at this link.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide