Gaming News: PlayStation Plus April Offerings, Halo Digital Project Announced and Don’t Starve’s DLC Adds Creatures
By Gel Galang | April 4, 2014 1:16 PM EST
The April line-up for the PlayStation Plus has already been revealed to include Mercenary Kings for the PS4, while PS3 members can expect to play Batman: Arkham City for free-a good way to get back in the groove for when Rocksteady's final installment hits.
According to the PlayStation Blog, there is also a list of Spring Fever discounts, all from the Spiderman franchise. You can pick up a Spiderman game for as low as $1.79, while Obscure: The Aftermath, also joins the Spring Fever Sale, now only at $5.
For those who weren't able to get last months' PlayStation Plus games, you still have a few days before Borderlands 2 for the PS3 is out of the Instant Game Collection.
Check out the comprehensive list for the Spring fever sale at the link above.
Halo gets digital feature apart from Spielberg project
News related to the Halo franchise has been sparse at best, especially after the confirmation that a Halo game is coming to the Xbox One and a Spielberg-helmed TV series will be coming.
Now, new information via IGN has been spotted detailing a "digital feature project" for the Halo franchise. According to the source, the digital project is not a film, though no details have been provided as of the moment. The only hint that had been announced by Microsoft is that this will be a work from 343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios and Ridley Scott's Scott Free Productions.
At the very least, it's another work from the Halo franchise that's not just limited to Steven Spielberg's own production.
Don't Starve DLC already out, more creatures coming
The survival open-world indie game from Klei Entertainment, Don't Starve, is back with a DLC that expands the game with new monsters. Already out on Early Access via Steam, Don't Starve: Reign of Giants gives you more characters, more seasons, more creatures, more biomes and more challenges.
"It's still missing a few pieces of content and will definitely have additional bugs and balance issues. To iron that stuff out, we're going on Early Access so that we can get even more people playing and getting their eyes on the game," said the developer over Steam.
"During our Early Access period, we're hoping players will continue to submit bug reports, suggestions, and feedback on our forums so that we can make the expansion as balanced, polished and fun as possible."
Even on Early Access, gamers can expect an expanded world with two new playable characters. You can either play as stage actress Wigfrid or Webber, who is currently living inside a spider. New seasons mean that you will have to go through all the seasons of the year, while new biomes will introduce new creatures and gatherables that can either help you get through or push you over the edge.
You can download the game on Early Access via Steam at this link.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports