iPad Air 2, Mini 3 Release Date Soon as Previous Tablets Knock Off $100 on Price
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 4, 2014 1:01 PM EST
A display shows a new Apple iPad Air tablet inside the Apple Store on New York's fifth avenue, after the new iPad went on sale, November 1, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Best Buy knocked $100 off the Wi-Fi and cellular versions of the iPad Air and the iPad Mini with Retina Display, according to Highlight Press. The Wi-Fi and cellular variant of iPad Mini with Retina Display now costs $429.99 compared to its regular price of $529.99. Meanwhile, the same discount also applies to the iPad Air Wi-Fi + cellular model, which now costs $529.99 from $629.99.
However, the discount comes with a two year contract agreement with a carrier - Sprint, Verizon and AT&T. Moreover, consumers can choose among all of the colours available but the 16 GB variant was only available in the offer.
Meanwhile, consumers may now purchase a refurbished iPad Air at the Apple Store. Refurbished units were as good as brand new and, sometimes, they were in very good condition or even better. Some consumers were awry in buying refurbished units because of defects but there is none and they are offered cheaper.
The refurbished tablets were units that were returned by consumers and were restored to its factory condition and replaced it with new battery and aluminum casing. Refurbished units were much cheaper than brand new units. The 16 GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air is now priced at only $420, instead of $499 for a brand-new unit, while the 32 GB edition Wi-Fi iPad Air costs just $510 instead of $599.
Apple also hinted that iPad Air 2 release date may come really soon as it lowered the price of iPad 4 and discontinue the release of iPad 2. iPad 4 took the place of the second generation of iPad and is now available at $399 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model and $529 for the 16GB Wi-Fi + cellular model.
iDigitalTimes cited KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, iPad Air 2 release date will take place later this year; thus, delaying the iPad Pro launch early next year. Mr Kuo also stated in his note to investors that there will be no successor for iPad Mini this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family