iPad Air 2, Mini 3 Release Date Soon as Previous Tablets Knock Off $100 on Price
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 4, 2014 1:01 PM EST
A display shows a new Apple iPad Air tablet inside the Apple Store on New York's fifth avenue, after the new iPad went on sale, November 1, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Best Buy knocked $100 off the Wi-Fi and cellular versions of the iPad Air and the iPad Mini with Retina Display, according to Highlight Press. The Wi-Fi and cellular variant of iPad Mini with Retina Display now costs $429.99 compared to its regular price of $529.99. Meanwhile, the same discount also applies to the iPad Air Wi-Fi + cellular model, which now costs $529.99 from $629.99.
However, the discount comes with a two year contract agreement with a carrier - Sprint, Verizon and AT&T. Moreover, consumers can choose among all of the colours available but the 16 GB variant was only available in the offer.
Meanwhile, consumers may now purchase a refurbished iPad Air at the Apple Store. Refurbished units were as good as brand new and, sometimes, they were in very good condition or even better. Some consumers were awry in buying refurbished units because of defects but there is none and they are offered cheaper.
The refurbished tablets were units that were returned by consumers and were restored to its factory condition and replaced it with new battery and aluminum casing. Refurbished units were much cheaper than brand new units. The 16 GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air is now priced at only $420, instead of $499 for a brand-new unit, while the 32 GB edition Wi-Fi iPad Air costs just $510 instead of $599.
Apple also hinted that iPad Air 2 release date may come really soon as it lowered the price of iPad 4 and discontinue the release of iPad 2. iPad 4 took the place of the second generation of iPad and is now available at $399 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model and $529 for the 16GB Wi-Fi + cellular model.
iDigitalTimes cited KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, iPad Air 2 release date will take place later this year; thus, delaying the iPad Pro launch early next year. Mr Kuo also stated in his note to investors that there will be no successor for iPad Mini this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit