One Way or Another, Mayweather and Pacquiao Will Still Have to Fight Each Other, Says Freddie Roach
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 4, 2014 12:27 PM EST
One way or another, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will have to face and fight each other, at least, it is what Freddie Roach thinks.
Roach told The Telegraph that he had spent so much time thinking about the mega-fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao. "I've had dreams about the fight," Roach said.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather has stated in the past that he is not going to do business with Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, anymore. The Filipino boxer, on the other hand, has chanted that he is not going to leave Arum just to make their fight happen.
Regardless of the current scenario surrounding two of the world's greatest boxers of the modern generation, Roach believes that the mega-fight will happen just because of the fact that there aren't enough fighters out there that will be eligible to fight either one of them.
"The pool's very small for both guys," Roach said. "Somewhere they're going to have to fight each other," he added.
However, Pacquiao isn't thinking about his next fight, the Web site further reported. "I'm thinking about this fight," Pacquiao added referring to his upcoming rematch with Timothy Bradley.
At the moment, the eight-division Filipino world champion is indeed focused on getting even from the losses he suffered from Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez, according to Roach. "In the history books, you have to avenge your losses, you have to avenge your losses in life."
Mayweather and Pacquiao are both fighting in 2014. Both fighters are currently training in preparation for their upcoming fights. Pacquiao will be facing Bradley on April 12, while the undefeated American boxer will fight Marcos Maidana on May 3. Mayweather has three more fights left in his contract with Showtime. He revealed that one of them would be Britain's Amir Khan. Is he saving one for Pacquiao?
Why hasn't the epic fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao happened yet? Why don't Mayweather and Pacquiao set aside their issues and turn the dream, that boxing fans have been longing for, into a reality - in a mega-fight between two of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the modern generation? Share us your thoughts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones