One Way or Another, Mayweather and Pacquiao Will Still Have to Fight Each Other, Says Freddie Roach
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 4, 2014 12:27 PM EST
One way or another, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will have to face and fight each other, at least, it is what Freddie Roach thinks.
Roach told The Telegraph that he had spent so much time thinking about the mega-fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao. "I've had dreams about the fight," Roach said.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather has stated in the past that he is not going to do business with Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, anymore. The Filipino boxer, on the other hand, has chanted that he is not going to leave Arum just to make their fight happen.
Regardless of the current scenario surrounding two of the world's greatest boxers of the modern generation, Roach believes that the mega-fight will happen just because of the fact that there aren't enough fighters out there that will be eligible to fight either one of them.
"The pool's very small for both guys," Roach said. "Somewhere they're going to have to fight each other," he added.
However, Pacquiao isn't thinking about his next fight, the Web site further reported. "I'm thinking about this fight," Pacquiao added referring to his upcoming rematch with Timothy Bradley.
At the moment, the eight-division Filipino world champion is indeed focused on getting even from the losses he suffered from Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez, according to Roach. "In the history books, you have to avenge your losses, you have to avenge your losses in life."
Mayweather and Pacquiao are both fighting in 2014. Both fighters are currently training in preparation for their upcoming fights. Pacquiao will be facing Bradley on April 12, while the undefeated American boxer will fight Marcos Maidana on May 3. Mayweather has three more fights left in his contract with Showtime. He revealed that one of them would be Britain's Amir Khan. Is he saving one for Pacquiao?
Why hasn't the epic fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao happened yet? Why don't Mayweather and Pacquiao set aside their issues and turn the dream, that boxing fans have been longing for, into a reality - in a mega-fight between two of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the modern generation? Share us your thoughts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed