Dumb Irish Terrorist Forgets to Change Time in Clock, Bomb Blows on Him
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 4, 2014 11:06 AM EST
Thanks to the shift to daylight savings time (DST), an Irish bomber appears to have forgotten to advance by one hour the clock for the explosive device he was planting on a Volvo SUV in Dublin, Ireland, on Sunday.
At least ten people have killed in Kabul after a suicide bomber detonated a car filled with explosives. (Reuters)
Because of the apparent confusion, the bomb blew on him, although he was only injured. The Telegraph reports that the suspected bomber was seen fleeing the area with blood dripping down his face.
The circumstances led the police to suggest the bomber forgot about DST in setting the timer of the incendiary device.
The British daily quoted a police source who said, "This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb. It wasn't garbage stuff. It would appear the bomber got his timings wrong."
Supt Dave Taylor added the explosion the ensued was very extensive and a very frightening experience for nearby residents or passersby. He appealed to the public who may have picked up the injured terrorist within the New Street and Clanbrassil Street area before 11 pm to come forward and help in the investigation.
The owner of the damaged Volvo is a local businessman. The explosion also damaged the doors and windows of a house near the crime scene which was near St Patrick's Cathedral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports