Dumb Irish Terrorist Forgets to Change Time in Clock, Bomb Blows on Him
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 4, 2014 11:06 AM EST
Thanks to the shift to daylight savings time (DST), an Irish bomber appears to have forgotten to advance by one hour the clock for the explosive device he was planting on a Volvo SUV in Dublin, Ireland, on Sunday.
At least ten people have killed in Kabul after a suicide bomber detonated a car filled with explosives. (Reuters)
Because of the apparent confusion, the bomb blew on him, although he was only injured. The Telegraph reports that the suspected bomber was seen fleeing the area with blood dripping down his face.
The circumstances led the police to suggest the bomber forgot about DST in setting the timer of the incendiary device.
The British daily quoted a police source who said, "This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb. It wasn't garbage stuff. It would appear the bomber got his timings wrong."
Supt Dave Taylor added the explosion the ensued was very extensive and a very frightening experience for nearby residents or passersby. He appealed to the public who may have picked up the injured terrorist within the New Street and Clanbrassil Street area before 11 pm to come forward and help in the investigation.
The owner of the damaged Volvo is a local businessman. The explosion also damaged the doors and windows of a house near the crime scene which was near St Patrick's Cathedral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Details of John Travolta’s Gay Relationship w/ Pilot to be Heard in Court
- 600 Videos Show Babies Raped by 32-year-old Home Carer
- AU’s Anti-Piracy Law is a Hollywood’s Wish List Coming True
- Keith Urban’s Concert Sends Dozens of Fans in Hospital Over Alcohol-Related Issues
- ACT Court Finds Former Parliament Speaker Peter Slipper Guilty of Dishonesty for Charging Wine Tour Cab Fare to Australian Taxpayers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal