Dumb Irish Terrorist Forgets to Change Time in Clock, Bomb Blows on Him
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 4, 2014 11:06 AM EST
Thanks to the shift to daylight savings time (DST), an Irish bomber appears to have forgotten to advance by one hour the clock for the explosive device he was planting on a Volvo SUV in Dublin, Ireland, on Sunday.
At least ten people have killed in Kabul after a suicide bomber detonated a car filled with explosives. (Reuters)
Because of the apparent confusion, the bomb blew on him, although he was only injured. The Telegraph reports that the suspected bomber was seen fleeing the area with blood dripping down his face.
The circumstances led the police to suggest the bomber forgot about DST in setting the timer of the incendiary device.
The British daily quoted a police source who said, "This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb. It wasn't garbage stuff. It would appear the bomber got his timings wrong."
Supt Dave Taylor added the explosion the ensued was very extensive and a very frightening experience for nearby residents or passersby. He appealed to the public who may have picked up the injured terrorist within the New Street and Clanbrassil Street area before 11 pm to come forward and help in the investigation.
The owner of the damaged Volvo is a local businessman. The explosion also damaged the doors and windows of a house near the crime scene which was near St Patrick's Cathedral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- Incest Charges For Georgia Siblings Who Had Sex Thrice After Watching The Notebook
- 3 Years Jail In Australian Prison For Former Playboy Model Brandi Brandt Over Cocaine Smugglng
- X-Men Director Bryan Singer Faces Sexual Assault Charges From 21-Year-Old Virginia Man
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen