Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 in Microsoft Build 2014, Features, Specs and Prices in Australia
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 4, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and other Nokia products were in the spotlight in Microsoft Build 2014. The event in San Francisco was attended by tech enthusiasts to find out the newest scoops Microsoft has to offer as well as the latest devices Nokia has long been rumoured to unveil.
File picture shows a man walking past a Nokia logo during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 28, 2012. Nokia gave an upbeat forecast for its telecom equipment unit Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN), giving hope for a pickup in what will be the Finnish company's main business after the sale of its phones division to Microsoft. Shares in Nokia rose 6 percent after the company forecast NSN's profit margin would improve in the fourth quarter to around 12 percent, plus or minus 4 percentage points, from 8.4 percent in the third quarter. Picture taken February 28, 2012.
True to speculations, Nokia launched two of its new Lumia devices in the Microsoft Build 2014. The Nokia Lumia 630 and the Lumia 635 garnered much interest because of their impressive features without being as expensive as the latest flagships of other brands. The new smartphones are designed to cater to the mid-range market following the worldwide success of the Nokia Lumia 1020 for the high-end market and the Lumia 520 and Lumia 521 which became immensely popular in emerging markets for its affordable price.
For those planning to buy the Nokia Lumia 630 and the Lumia 635, below are their features, specs and prices in Australia.
Nokia Lumia 630 Features, Specifications and Price
The Nokia Lumia 630, aka "Money penny," is a great option for people looking for a quality Windows 8.1 phone on a budget. It is packed with a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 4.5-inch screen, 5 MP camera and ClearBlack display technology. The device will also feature Cortana, its answer to Apple's Siri, and come with Nokia's MixRadio out of the box.
Furthermore, the Lumia 630 comes with two 3G options, one with single-sim and the other with dual-sim functionality. The Lumia 630 is available in black, white, bright yellow, bright orange and bright green with a price tag of $179 for the U.S. market. Price in Australia is yet to be revealed.
Nokia Lumia 635 Features, Specifications and Price
The Lumia 635 comes with features similar to the 630 model, but is mainly differentiated by its 4G LTE capabilities. The Nokia Lumia 635, like the 630, will also let users befriend Cortana, Microsoft's version of a virtual assistant that was also officially revealed in the Build 2014. The smartphone is a delight for music lovers with pre-installed MixRadio, among other exciting applications from the Windows Phone Store.
There is no report regarding availability and price of the Nokia Lumia 635 for the Australian market as of the moment. Meanwhile, Nokia announced that it will have a $189 price tag in the U.S.
Both the Nokia 630 and 635 phones are the first devices to run Windows 8.1 featuring Live Tiles, a Word Flow keyboard and social applications like Instagram, Vine and WhatsApp. Other Microsoft products such as the Microsoft Office and OneDrive are also included in the smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles