Justin Bieber Not Retiring From Music, With More April Fool’s Pranks Than Any Other Celebrities
By Maychelle Ornos | April 4, 2014 7:08 AM EST
Several jokes on Justin Bieber retiring from music have been common, especially when the "Baby" singer started the rumor on December 2013.
Drake Bell Disses Justin Bieber
But the recent prank on the 20-year-old Canadian pop star was at a larger scale. About 5,000 of Justin Bieber's "Believe" albums were replaced by fake CDs from a DJ that has been trying breakthrough the music industry in Los Angeles, sources said.
Replacing Bieber's "Believe" CDs was the master prank played by Paz Dylan, a 25-year-old musician, with is attempt to put his work in the hands of consumers, according to news reports. This might have been a great way to market the struggling artist's work but might lead to serious legal implications. It may even be detrimental to the artist's career but he has already prepared himself for it.
The stores that were selling the fake CDs offered to refund the purchased fake version of the Bieber's "Believe," as reported by Canada.com.
Paz reportedly chose to use Bieber instead of any other musicians because he believes that the world will not miss a Justin Bieber record.
He had other help from fellow musicians but refused to tell how much they have spent in making the prank. But if there is indeed anyone who has been pranked by this elaborate scheme is still unknown. The musician felt that it is not a prank but a piece of performance art and seems to be proud about it, as reported by news reports.
Bieber has not yet aired his side of the story or if he is even thinking of taking any drastic measures to ensure that this prank does not happen again in the future. But he is often the target of pranks and jokes even from fellow celebrities but his fans are always quick to defend him.
One of the trending tweets since March is the hashtag #HappyBirthdayJustinBieber, which is even used up until now even though Bieber's birthday has already passed. Some fans found it was just a prank. As Bieber is constantly being bombarded by criticisms, his fans are asking that detractors just let him be.
But really, is this fake @justinbieber CD really art? Or just a media-bait PR stunt (that worked)? http://t.co/faMsQMWk8g — Lisa Fung (@lfung) April 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports