Justin Bieber Not Retiring From Music, With More April Fool’s Pranks Than Any Other Celebrities
By Maychelle Ornos | April 4, 2014 7:08 AM EST
Several jokes on Justin Bieber retiring from music have been common, especially when the "Baby" singer started the rumor on December 2013.
Drake Bell Disses Justin Bieber
But the recent prank on the 20-year-old Canadian pop star was at a larger scale. About 5,000 of Justin Bieber's "Believe" albums were replaced by fake CDs from a DJ that has been trying breakthrough the music industry in Los Angeles, sources said.
Replacing Bieber's "Believe" CDs was the master prank played by Paz Dylan, a 25-year-old musician, with is attempt to put his work in the hands of consumers, according to news reports. This might have been a great way to market the struggling artist's work but might lead to serious legal implications. It may even be detrimental to the artist's career but he has already prepared himself for it.
The stores that were selling the fake CDs offered to refund the purchased fake version of the Bieber's "Believe," as reported by Canada.com.
Paz reportedly chose to use Bieber instead of any other musicians because he believes that the world will not miss a Justin Bieber record.
He had other help from fellow musicians but refused to tell how much they have spent in making the prank. But if there is indeed anyone who has been pranked by this elaborate scheme is still unknown. The musician felt that it is not a prank but a piece of performance art and seems to be proud about it, as reported by news reports.
Bieber has not yet aired his side of the story or if he is even thinking of taking any drastic measures to ensure that this prank does not happen again in the future. But he is often the target of pranks and jokes even from fellow celebrities but his fans are always quick to defend him.
One of the trending tweets since March is the hashtag #HappyBirthdayJustinBieber, which is even used up until now even though Bieber's birthday has already passed. Some fans found it was just a prank. As Bieber is constantly being bombarded by criticisms, his fans are asking that detractors just let him be.
But really, is this fake @justinbieber CD really art? Or just a media-bait PR stunt (that worked)? http://t.co/faMsQMWk8g — Lisa Fung (@lfung) April 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015