Justin Bieber Not Retiring From Music, With More April Fool’s Pranks Than Any Other Celebrities
By Maychelle Ornos | April 4, 2014 7:08 AM EST
Several jokes on Justin Bieber retiring from music have been common, especially when the "Baby" singer started the rumor on December 2013.
Drake Bell Disses Justin Bieber
But the recent prank on the 20-year-old Canadian pop star was at a larger scale. About 5,000 of Justin Bieber's "Believe" albums were replaced by fake CDs from a DJ that has been trying breakthrough the music industry in Los Angeles, sources said.
Replacing Bieber's "Believe" CDs was the master prank played by Paz Dylan, a 25-year-old musician, with is attempt to put his work in the hands of consumers, according to news reports. This might have been a great way to market the struggling artist's work but might lead to serious legal implications. It may even be detrimental to the artist's career but he has already prepared himself for it.
The stores that were selling the fake CDs offered to refund the purchased fake version of the Bieber's "Believe," as reported by Canada.com.
Paz reportedly chose to use Bieber instead of any other musicians because he believes that the world will not miss a Justin Bieber record.
He had other help from fellow musicians but refused to tell how much they have spent in making the prank. But if there is indeed anyone who has been pranked by this elaborate scheme is still unknown. The musician felt that it is not a prank but a piece of performance art and seems to be proud about it, as reported by news reports.
Bieber has not yet aired his side of the story or if he is even thinking of taking any drastic measures to ensure that this prank does not happen again in the future. But he is often the target of pranks and jokes even from fellow celebrities but his fans are always quick to defend him.
One of the trending tweets since March is the hashtag #HappyBirthdayJustinBieber, which is even used up until now even though Bieber's birthday has already passed. Some fans found it was just a prank. As Bieber is constantly being bombarded by criticisms, his fans are asking that detractors just let him be.
But really, is this fake @justinbieber CD really art? Or just a media-bait PR stunt (that worked)? http://t.co/faMsQMWk8g — Lisa Fung (@lfung) April 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles