Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Bullish Stock Ahead of FY 2014 Q1 Earnings Report
By Reissa Su | April 4, 2014 6:51 AM EST
Apple Inc.'s stock is still a "Buy" for analysts as Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster remains optimistic in his latest note to the investors.
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
He added Apple's stock will remain "steady" if new products are deemed "unimpressive." He believed the stock will rally if Apple will launch unexpectedly innovative products.
The analyst noted Apple Inc. will make an announcement about increasing its dividends or a stock repurchase after the company's first quarter of 2014 earnings report. Apple has led U.S. companies in the value of stock buybacks in the past quarter of 2013. Aside from Apple, other tech giants also making huge repurchases of their stocks.
Apple is expected to release its first quarter figures on April 23. Piper Jaffray's price target for Apple is at $640. Munster expects a growth of 5 percent for Apple in year-over-year by June, which is lower compared to the Wall Street's 10 percent projection.
The analyst cited iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen than the current iPhones sold worldwide. This will be Apple's "key selling point" and may drive the stock price higher if investors find it innovative.
Apple stock could increase by 20 percent in 2015. iPhone 6 is set to be rolled out in the summer or fall. Barron's had previously said it is certain that Apple's latest iPhone will have a bigger screen compared to its 4-inch predecessors. A bigger screen iPhone could attract new users and give iPhone owners incentive to upgrade to the latest iPhone.
The ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock. Apple investors may see significant gains in the company's stock in the next 12 months.
According to Pacific Crest Securities Analyst Andy Hargreaves, Apple stock could reach $635 with the impending release of iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Viral Photo: Philippine Mall Giant Pulls Out T-Shirt With Rape Joke
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance To Axe 700 Workers In Queensland
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L