Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Bullish Stock Ahead of FY 2014 Q1 Earnings Report
By Reissa Su | April 4, 2014 6:51 AM EST
Apple Inc.'s stock is still a "Buy" for analysts as Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster remains optimistic in his latest note to the investors.
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
He added Apple's stock will remain "steady" if new products are deemed "unimpressive." He believed the stock will rally if Apple will launch unexpectedly innovative products.
The analyst noted Apple Inc. will make an announcement about increasing its dividends or a stock repurchase after the company's first quarter of 2014 earnings report. Apple has led U.S. companies in the value of stock buybacks in the past quarter of 2013. Aside from Apple, other tech giants also making huge repurchases of their stocks.
Apple is expected to release its first quarter figures on April 23. Piper Jaffray's price target for Apple is at $640. Munster expects a growth of 5 percent for Apple in year-over-year by June, which is lower compared to the Wall Street's 10 percent projection.
The analyst cited iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen than the current iPhones sold worldwide. This will be Apple's "key selling point" and may drive the stock price higher if investors find it innovative.
Apple stock could increase by 20 percent in 2015. iPhone 6 is set to be rolled out in the summer or fall. Barron's had previously said it is certain that Apple's latest iPhone will have a bigger screen compared to its 4-inch predecessors. A bigger screen iPhone could attract new users and give iPhone owners incentive to upgrade to the latest iPhone.
The ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock. Apple investors may see significant gains in the company's stock in the next 12 months.
According to Pacific Crest Securities Analyst Andy Hargreaves, Apple stock could reach $635 with the impending release of iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build