2014 Lunar Eclipse: ‘Blood Moon’ a Sign of Impending Apocalypse? Pastors Cite Evidence From Biblical Scripture
By jaskiran kaur | April 4, 2014 6:37 AM EST
April 15 will mark the first of the four lunar eclipses. It is known as "Blood Moon" because the much awaited celestial event will leave the moon appearing reddish orange, something blood-like.
While some believe this is an astronomical event, there are some who are associating it with "apocalypse."
According to the Inquisitr, Pastors Mark Blitz and John Hagee referred to Bible scripture, indicating the appearance of blood moon during the times of apocalypse. The scripture "suggests the moon will turn to blood during the apocalypse."
The "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse on April 15 will be the first of four blood red moons that are set to appear between 2014 and 2015. This astronomical event is known lunar tetrad and is very rare. According to a Web site Ecorazzi, this has occurred only three times in past 500 years.
The April 15 "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse will be followed by Oct. 8 occurrence. In 2015, the "Blood Moon" eclipse will occur on April 4 and Sept. 28.
The April lunar eclipses coincide with Jewish passover and the October and September eclipses concur with the Feast of Tabernacles, making these occurrences of religious importance.
Pastor John Hagee presented a sermon of "Four Blood Moon" where he spoke about the "end of days." He also cited the "blood moons" that will appear during the Jewish passover are considered as "signs in the Bible," according to the Examiner.
The Web site noted the quotes from the Bible as cited by Pastor Hagee. These quotes provide evidence to his belief.
"He made the moon to mark the seasons," as seen in Psalm 104:19.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars." Luke 21:25
"The sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light," as seen in Matthew 24:29
"The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood...." "....the coming of the great glorious day of the Lord," as listed in Acts 2:20.
Meanwhile, the astronomical event is also linked to a prophecy claiming "Blood Moon" eclipse marks the second coming of Jesus, according to Newsmax.
For those who are interested in the event for its very rare occurrence, this total lunar eclipse will see the sun, moon and earth perfectly in a line. The Earth will block the sun and the moon will receive "light refracted by the edges of the Earth's atmosphere," as explained by another Examiner report. This will make the moon to appear blood red during the phenomenon lasting 78 minutes.
For those following EDT, the "Blood Moon" eclipse will commence at 3:06 a.m. ET on April 15 and for those following CDT, this lunar eclipse will start at 2:06 a.m. and those following PDT, the eclipse will begin at 12:06 a.m.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Latest UFO Sighting Arizona: Couple See A Strange House That Appears Out Of No Where and Disappears, MUFON Report
- Astronomical Events October 2014: Blood-Red Total Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Two Meteor Showers And Other Occurrences To Watch Out For
- Couple Who Paid Young Girls To Stomp Puppy To Death Gets Life Sentence
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Discovers Water On Martian Soil: Mars Not A Dry Planet
- Malaysian Flight MH370 Latest Update: New Search Images Reveal Unknown Seabed Details In The Indian Ocean [Watch Video]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks