2014 Lunar Eclipse: ‘Blood Moon’ a Sign of Impending Apocalypse? Pastors Cite Evidence From Biblical Scripture
By jaskiran kaur | April 4, 2014 6:37 AM EST
April 15 will mark the first of the four lunar eclipses. It is known as "Blood Moon" because the much awaited celestial event will leave the moon appearing reddish orange, something blood-like.
While some believe this is an astronomical event, there are some who are associating it with "apocalypse."
According to the Inquisitr, Pastors Mark Blitz and John Hagee referred to Bible scripture, indicating the appearance of blood moon during the times of apocalypse. The scripture "suggests the moon will turn to blood during the apocalypse."
The "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse on April 15 will be the first of four blood red moons that are set to appear between 2014 and 2015. This astronomical event is known lunar tetrad and is very rare. According to a Web site Ecorazzi, this has occurred only three times in past 500 years.
The April 15 "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse will be followed by Oct. 8 occurrence. In 2015, the "Blood Moon" eclipse will occur on April 4 and Sept. 28.
The April lunar eclipses coincide with Jewish passover and the October and September eclipses concur with the Feast of Tabernacles, making these occurrences of religious importance.
Pastor John Hagee presented a sermon of "Four Blood Moon" where he spoke about the "end of days." He also cited the "blood moons" that will appear during the Jewish passover are considered as "signs in the Bible," according to the Examiner.
The Web site noted the quotes from the Bible as cited by Pastor Hagee. These quotes provide evidence to his belief.
"He made the moon to mark the seasons," as seen in Psalm 104:19.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars." Luke 21:25
"The sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light," as seen in Matthew 24:29
"The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood...." "....the coming of the great glorious day of the Lord," as listed in Acts 2:20.
Meanwhile, the astronomical event is also linked to a prophecy claiming "Blood Moon" eclipse marks the second coming of Jesus, according to Newsmax.
For those who are interested in the event for its very rare occurrence, this total lunar eclipse will see the sun, moon and earth perfectly in a line. The Earth will block the sun and the moon will receive "light refracted by the edges of the Earth's atmosphere," as explained by another Examiner report. This will make the moon to appear blood red during the phenomenon lasting 78 minutes.
For those following EDT, the "Blood Moon" eclipse will commence at 3:06 a.m. ET on April 15 and for those following CDT, this lunar eclipse will start at 2:06 a.m. and those following PDT, the eclipse will begin at 12:06 a.m.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored