GTA Online: New Heists Updates for Spring Adds Excitement to the Game
By Aditya Bhat | April 4, 2014 12:24 AM EST
Rockstar Games will increase the excitement for players in GTA Online by bringing in "new content, features and enhancements" which will up the ante of the already popular game, the company said on Rockstar Newswire.
Rockstar has revealed new Heists updates for a spring 2014 release.
So what are updates that are expected for the game in spring 2014?
- Capture Creator - An update to this will add the ability to make original customized Capture Jobs and add them to the Social Club.
- The High Life Update - This update will open up multi-property ownership in GTA Online and add high-end apartment options, Bullpup Rifle, new wardrobe items, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle and three new luxury cars including Pegassi Zentorno. There will also be the addition of some new jobs and it will see the addition of new Mental State player statistic.
- Heists - Players can team up with their choice of crew members or with random people for Heist missions for money and fame.
Rockstar has also teased that they will be introducing holiday-themed updates and Story Mode DLC later in the year.
The company has also said that it has been monitoring the community's play and also the feedback of players. It said that the recent Title Update to GTA Online had removed an issue that was helping the stunting community in GTA to pull different types of stunts. So the company has reverted back to the earlier issue. It also said that the following issues will be fixed in future:
- The addition of a 'Non-Contact' option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode - for those who want to play it - will eliminate the "rubbing is racing" mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
- We'll be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
Photo: Rockstar Games (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu