KTM RC390 and RC125 Spied Testing in India; Launch, Features, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 11:47 PM EST
KTM's much-anticipated RC390 faired sports bike has been spied testing on Indian roads once again, along with its small sibling RC125.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
The latest set of pictures of KTM RC390 and RC125 have been posted by Team Duke on their Facebook page. Reports suggest that both bikes have entered production in the domestic market, though the RC125 will not be launched in India.
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times, through leaked details and spy shots. The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200, has been expected to reach the Indian shores for quite some time. With its stylish design and powerful performance, KTM RC390 has already made its way into the good books of two-wheeler aficionados.
Powered by a 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle have not been revealed, rumours are rife that the bike would debut in India by mid-2014. A report by Motoroids suggests that the RC390 is likely to carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Along with RC390, KTM is also expected to bring the RC200 to India. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is expected to come at a price point of ₹1,40,000-₹ 1,55,000 .
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600. Now the Duke 200 is priced at ₹1,30,787 (ex-Showroom New Delhi), while the Duke 390 is available for ₹1,80,942 (ex-Showroom New Delhi).
Photo: Screenshot from KTM/India. (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0