KTM RC390 and RC125 Spied Testing in India; Launch, Features, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 11:47 PM EST
KTM's much-anticipated RC390 faired sports bike has been spied testing on Indian roads once again, along with its small sibling RC125.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
The latest set of pictures of KTM RC390 and RC125 have been posted by Team Duke on their Facebook page. Reports suggest that both bikes have entered production in the domestic market, though the RC125 will not be launched in India.
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times, through leaked details and spy shots. The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200, has been expected to reach the Indian shores for quite some time. With its stylish design and powerful performance, KTM RC390 has already made its way into the good books of two-wheeler aficionados.
Powered by a 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle have not been revealed, rumours are rife that the bike would debut in India by mid-2014. A report by Motoroids suggests that the RC390 is likely to carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Along with RC390, KTM is also expected to bring the RC200 to India. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is expected to come at a price point of ₹1,40,000-₹ 1,55,000 .
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600. Now the Duke 200 is priced at ₹1,30,787 (ex-Showroom New Delhi), while the Duke 390 is available for ₹1,80,942 (ex-Showroom New Delhi).
Photo: Screenshot from KTM/India. (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On