KTM RC390 and RC125 Spied Testing in India; Launch, Features, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 11:47 PM EST
KTM's much-anticipated RC390 faired sports bike has been spied testing on Indian roads once again, along with its small sibling RC125.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
The latest set of pictures of KTM RC390 and RC125 have been posted by Team Duke on their Facebook page. Reports suggest that both bikes have entered production in the domestic market, though the RC125 will not be launched in India.
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times, through leaked details and spy shots. The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200, has been expected to reach the Indian shores for quite some time. With its stylish design and powerful performance, KTM RC390 has already made its way into the good books of two-wheeler aficionados.
Powered by a 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle have not been revealed, rumours are rife that the bike would debut in India by mid-2014. A report by Motoroids suggests that the RC390 is likely to carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Along with RC390, KTM is also expected to bring the RC200 to India. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is expected to come at a price point of ₹1,40,000-₹ 1,55,000 .
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600. Now the Duke 200 is priced at ₹1,30,787 (ex-Showroom New Delhi), while the Duke 390 is available for ₹1,80,942 (ex-Showroom New Delhi).
Photo: Screenshot from KTM/India. (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles