KTM RC390 and RC125 Spied Testing in India; Launch, Features, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 11:47 PM EST
KTM's much-anticipated RC390 faired sports bike has been spied testing on Indian roads once again, along with its small sibling RC125.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
The latest set of pictures of KTM RC390 and RC125 have been posted by Team Duke on their Facebook page. Reports suggest that both bikes have entered production in the domestic market, though the RC125 will not be launched in India.
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times, through leaked details and spy shots. The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200, has been expected to reach the Indian shores for quite some time. With its stylish design and powerful performance, KTM RC390 has already made its way into the good books of two-wheeler aficionados.
Powered by a 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle have not been revealed, rumours are rife that the bike would debut in India by mid-2014. A report by Motoroids suggests that the RC390 is likely to carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Along with RC390, KTM is also expected to bring the RC200 to India. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is expected to come at a price point of ₹1,40,000-₹ 1,55,000 .
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600. Now the Duke 200 is priced at ₹1,30,787 (ex-Showroom New Delhi), while the Duke 390 is available for ₹1,80,942 (ex-Showroom New Delhi).
Photo: Screenshot from KTM/India. (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones
- BlackBerry Offers $600 To Lure iPhone Owners To Switch To Passport Phone
- #Bendgate Fails To Dent As Apple’s Market Value Reaches $700 Billion
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments