Box Office: Will Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Affect Balakrishna's 'Legend' Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Read "Rowdy" Review HERE
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 Aprl.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
The film will be releasing in good number of screens in India as well as in overseas markets. "Rowdy" will be releasing in more than 50 multiplexes in the United States, where the film opens up on 3 April. It is a big moment for the Telugu film industry as the movie goers in the US are raring to go and watch the most anticipated Telugu film this summer with its big pre release buzz gaining global momentum. So, we wanted to ensure that the audiences in USA experience the magnificence of Rowdy's intense drama, action and song sequences in top notch multiplex cinemas," the distributors of the film 24 Frames Factory said in the press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is a family, action-entertainer set in the background of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. The film has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Jayapradha, Shanvi Srivastav and Kishore in pivotal roles.
"Rowdy" is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters, trailer and songs, which have fetched positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. The film is likely to take a good opening on the first day of its release, considering it is having a big release.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu are in a roll with the success of their last film "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda," which hit the screens in January this year. It remains to be seen if the actors will be able to score another hit with "Rowdy."
The film might face strong competition from Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing fantastic business at the box office. "Legend," which opened to a good start, is continuing to perform well and minted decent collections at the box office. But, the film's good run might be affected by the release of "Rowdy."
One needs to wait a little longer to see whether "Rowdy" affects "Legend" business or it is the other way round.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate