Box Office: Will Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Affect Balakrishna's 'Legend' Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Read "Rowdy" Review HERE
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 Aprl.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
The film will be releasing in good number of screens in India as well as in overseas markets. "Rowdy" will be releasing in more than 50 multiplexes in the United States, where the film opens up on 3 April. It is a big moment for the Telugu film industry as the movie goers in the US are raring to go and watch the most anticipated Telugu film this summer with its big pre release buzz gaining global momentum. So, we wanted to ensure that the audiences in USA experience the magnificence of Rowdy's intense drama, action and song sequences in top notch multiplex cinemas," the distributors of the film 24 Frames Factory said in the press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is a family, action-entertainer set in the background of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. The film has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Jayapradha, Shanvi Srivastav and Kishore in pivotal roles.
"Rowdy" is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters, trailer and songs, which have fetched positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. The film is likely to take a good opening on the first day of its release, considering it is having a big release.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu are in a roll with the success of their last film "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda," which hit the screens in January this year. It remains to be seen if the actors will be able to score another hit with "Rowdy."
The film might face strong competition from Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing fantastic business at the box office. "Legend," which opened to a good start, is continuing to perform well and minted decent collections at the box office. But, the film's good run might be affected by the release of "Rowdy."
One needs to wait a little longer to see whether "Rowdy" affects "Legend" business or it is the other way round.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone