Box Office: Will Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Affect Balakrishna's 'Legend' Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Read "Rowdy" Review HERE
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 Aprl.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
The film will be releasing in good number of screens in India as well as in overseas markets. "Rowdy" will be releasing in more than 50 multiplexes in the United States, where the film opens up on 3 April. It is a big moment for the Telugu film industry as the movie goers in the US are raring to go and watch the most anticipated Telugu film this summer with its big pre release buzz gaining global momentum. So, we wanted to ensure that the audiences in USA experience the magnificence of Rowdy's intense drama, action and song sequences in top notch multiplex cinemas," the distributors of the film 24 Frames Factory said in the press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is a family, action-entertainer set in the background of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. The film has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Jayapradha, Shanvi Srivastav and Kishore in pivotal roles.
"Rowdy" is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters, trailer and songs, which have fetched positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. The film is likely to take a good opening on the first day of its release, considering it is having a big release.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu are in a roll with the success of their last film "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda," which hit the screens in January this year. It remains to be seen if the actors will be able to score another hit with "Rowdy."
The film might face strong competition from Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing fantastic business at the box office. "Legend," which opened to a good start, is continuing to perform well and minted decent collections at the box office. But, the film's good run might be affected by the release of "Rowdy."
One needs to wait a little longer to see whether "Rowdy" affects "Legend" business or it is the other way round.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity