Box Office: Will Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Affect Balakrishna's 'Legend' Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Read "Rowdy" Review HERE
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 Aprl.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
The film will be releasing in good number of screens in India as well as in overseas markets. "Rowdy" will be releasing in more than 50 multiplexes in the United States, where the film opens up on 3 April. It is a big moment for the Telugu film industry as the movie goers in the US are raring to go and watch the most anticipated Telugu film this summer with its big pre release buzz gaining global momentum. So, we wanted to ensure that the audiences in USA experience the magnificence of Rowdy's intense drama, action and song sequences in top notch multiplex cinemas," the distributors of the film 24 Frames Factory said in the press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is a family, action-entertainer set in the background of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. The film has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Jayapradha, Shanvi Srivastav and Kishore in pivotal roles.
"Rowdy" is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters, trailer and songs, which have fetched positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. The film is likely to take a good opening on the first day of its release, considering it is having a big release.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu are in a roll with the success of their last film "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda," which hit the screens in January this year. It remains to be seen if the actors will be able to score another hit with "Rowdy."
The film might face strong competition from Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing fantastic business at the box office. "Legend," which opened to a good start, is continuing to perform well and minted decent collections at the box office. But, the film's good run might be affected by the release of "Rowdy."
One needs to wait a little longer to see whether "Rowdy" affects "Legend" business or it is the other way round.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display