Box Office: Will Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Affect Balakrishna's 'Legend' Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Read "Rowdy" Review HERE
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 Aprl.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
The film will be releasing in good number of screens in India as well as in overseas markets. "Rowdy" will be releasing in more than 50 multiplexes in the United States, where the film opens up on 3 April. It is a big moment for the Telugu film industry as the movie goers in the US are raring to go and watch the most anticipated Telugu film this summer with its big pre release buzz gaining global momentum. So, we wanted to ensure that the audiences in USA experience the magnificence of Rowdy's intense drama, action and song sequences in top notch multiplex cinemas," the distributors of the film 24 Frames Factory said in the press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is a family, action-entertainer set in the background of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. The film has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Jayapradha, Shanvi Srivastav and Kishore in pivotal roles.
"Rowdy" is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters, trailer and songs, which have fetched positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. The film is likely to take a good opening on the first day of its release, considering it is having a big release.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu are in a roll with the success of their last film "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda," which hit the screens in January this year. It remains to be seen if the actors will be able to score another hit with "Rowdy."
The film might face strong competition from Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing fantastic business at the box office. "Legend," which opened to a good start, is continuing to perform well and minted decent collections at the box office. But, the film's good run might be affected by the release of "Rowdy."
One needs to wait a little longer to see whether "Rowdy" affects "Legend" business or it is the other way round.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast