Chelsea FC News: Mourinho Reveals Tactics for Second Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho revealed the most logical tactic to be employed on his side's return leg clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday in the Champions League.
Chelsea coach Mourinho reacts before his team's Champions League quarter-final first leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris
The Blues surprisingly lost by a 3-1 margin on Tuesday courtesy of a Javier Pastore injury-time strike, putting to waste their efforts of keeping a close 2-1 scoreline since the 61st minute.
"The third was not a goal, it's a joke. Gary Cahill says 'sloppy,' I say ridiculous," said Mourinho.
While his squad is in a difficult position, he knows that they have more than a fair chance of overturning the suffered setback by attacking their counterparts and score goals.
"We are losing 3-1. So, what can be the approach? Defend as 3-1?" he delivered in a sarcastic tone.
"When we are losing 3-1, there is no approach. We have to try to win 2-0, 3-1, 4-1. There is no other approach."
The former Real Madrid overseer believes that PSG will, however, not take things lightly in the next 90 minutes in spite of the 2-goal advantage.
"I don't think [that] they think that is done," he added.
"I think they feel they are in a good position, but I think they know that it's not over."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June