Chelsea FC News: Mourinho Reveals Tactics for Second Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho revealed the most logical tactic to be employed on his side's return leg clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday in the Champions League.
Chelsea coach Mourinho reacts before his team's Champions League quarter-final first leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris
The Blues surprisingly lost by a 3-1 margin on Tuesday courtesy of a Javier Pastore injury-time strike, putting to waste their efforts of keeping a close 2-1 scoreline since the 61st minute.
"The third was not a goal, it's a joke. Gary Cahill says 'sloppy,' I say ridiculous," said Mourinho.
While his squad is in a difficult position, he knows that they have more than a fair chance of overturning the suffered setback by attacking their counterparts and score goals.
"We are losing 3-1. So, what can be the approach? Defend as 3-1?" he delivered in a sarcastic tone.
"When we are losing 3-1, there is no approach. We have to try to win 2-0, 3-1, 4-1. There is no other approach."
The former Real Madrid overseer believes that PSG will, however, not take things lightly in the next 90 minutes in spite of the 2-goal advantage.
"I don't think [that] they think that is done," he added.
"I think they feel they are in a good position, but I think they know that it's not over."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia