Chelsea FC News: Mourinho Reveals Tactics for Second Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho revealed the most logical tactic to be employed on his side's return leg clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday in the Champions League.
Chelsea coach Mourinho reacts before his team's Champions League quarter-final first leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris
The Blues surprisingly lost by a 3-1 margin on Tuesday courtesy of a Javier Pastore injury-time strike, putting to waste their efforts of keeping a close 2-1 scoreline since the 61st minute.
"The third was not a goal, it's a joke. Gary Cahill says 'sloppy,' I say ridiculous," said Mourinho.
While his squad is in a difficult position, he knows that they have more than a fair chance of overturning the suffered setback by attacking their counterparts and score goals.
"We are losing 3-1. So, what can be the approach? Defend as 3-1?" he delivered in a sarcastic tone.
"When we are losing 3-1, there is no approach. We have to try to win 2-0, 3-1, 4-1. There is no other approach."
The former Real Madrid overseer believes that PSG will, however, not take things lightly in the next 90 minutes in spite of the 2-goal advantage.
"I don't think [that] they think that is done," he added.
"I think they feel they are in a good position, but I think they know that it's not over."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider