Chelsea FC News: Mourinho Reveals Tactics for Second Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho revealed the most logical tactic to be employed on his side's return leg clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday in the Champions League.
Chelsea coach Mourinho reacts before his team's Champions League quarter-final first leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris
The Blues surprisingly lost by a 3-1 margin on Tuesday courtesy of a Javier Pastore injury-time strike, putting to waste their efforts of keeping a close 2-1 scoreline since the 61st minute.
"The third was not a goal, it's a joke. Gary Cahill says 'sloppy,' I say ridiculous," said Mourinho.
While his squad is in a difficult position, he knows that they have more than a fair chance of overturning the suffered setback by attacking their counterparts and score goals.
"We are losing 3-1. So, what can be the approach? Defend as 3-1?" he delivered in a sarcastic tone.
"When we are losing 3-1, there is no approach. We have to try to win 2-0, 3-1, 4-1. There is no other approach."
The former Real Madrid overseer believes that PSG will, however, not take things lightly in the next 90 minutes in spite of the 2-goal advantage.
"I don't think [that] they think that is done," he added.
"I think they feel they are in a good position, but I think they know that it's not over."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery