Chelsea FC News: Mourinho Reveals Tactics for Second Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho revealed the most logical tactic to be employed on his side's return leg clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday in the Champions League.
Chelsea coach Mourinho reacts before his team's Champions League quarter-final first leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris
The Blues surprisingly lost by a 3-1 margin on Tuesday courtesy of a Javier Pastore injury-time strike, putting to waste their efforts of keeping a close 2-1 scoreline since the 61st minute.
"The third was not a goal, it's a joke. Gary Cahill says 'sloppy,' I say ridiculous," said Mourinho.
While his squad is in a difficult position, he knows that they have more than a fair chance of overturning the suffered setback by attacking their counterparts and score goals.
"We are losing 3-1. So, what can be the approach? Defend as 3-1?" he delivered in a sarcastic tone.
"When we are losing 3-1, there is no approach. We have to try to win 2-0, 3-1, 4-1. There is no other approach."
The former Real Madrid overseer believes that PSG will, however, not take things lightly in the next 90 minutes in spite of the 2-goal advantage.
"I don't think [that] they think that is done," he added.
"I think they feel they are in a good position, but I think they know that it's not over."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers