‘Main Tera Hero’ Box Office: Will T20 Matches Affect Varun Dhawan’s Film?
By Ankita Mehta | April 3, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Varun Dhawan's masala entertainer "Main Tera Hero" will not face competition from any new films on its release week but the two T20 matches during the weekend might affect the business of the film.
Promotion of 'Main Tera Hero' at Korum Mall, Thane
"Main Tera Hero", starring Varun, Nargis Fakri and Ileana D'Cruz, is directed by David Dhawan and will release worldwide on 4 April.
The film has been promoted well on almost all popular television shows. The promotions have helped film generate a positive buzz.
"Main Tera Hero" is expected to dominate at multiplexes, compared to single screens. Around 60 to 70 percent of occupancy is expected at multiplexes, while at single screens 40 to 50 percent occupancy is estimated.
Nonetheless, the makers have an advantage that "Main Tera Hero" is the only big release this week. "Jal" starring Purab Kohli has not been promoted well, so there is very less chance of the film giving competition to "Main Tera Hero".
Also, previous releases "Ragini MMS 2" and "Queen" won't affect the film in Indian markets. "Queen" will complete its fourth week on Thursday and might stop the box office run, if the number of screens falls drastically. Horror thriller "Ragini MMS 2" will also decline as it enters its third week.
The advance booking of "Main Tera Hero" started on Monday and has received very good response. But the normal ticket pricing will keep the first day total low. Overall, the film should enjoy a good first week box office run, until the release of "Bhoothnath Returns", starring Amitabh Bachchan.
Photo credit: Varinder Chawla. (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate