‘Good Wife’ Season 5 Episode 17 Spoilers: Alicia, Diana Merge Firms; Alicia, Peter to Give Their Marriage Another Shot?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 10:10 PM EST
The unexpected death of Will Gardner has come as a shock to both fans as well as “The Good Wife” characters whose attempts to move on with their lives was portrayed in the last episode.
The Good Wife
Although Alicia and Diane are still mourning Gardner’s death, the upcoming episode will focus on their decision to merge their law firms. It still remains to be seen if Gardner’s name will be removed from the Lockhart/Gardner law firm.
It is not going to be an easy task as both Alicia and Diane are at the opposite ends of a divorce case, but it is sure to open up a number of opportunities for the duo.
"Of course there's gonna be this hole in her life, but how she fills it and how she starts to question her choices - ‘Why am I doing this? Why am I representing these a--holes?' - suddenly it's black and white. There's no gray area," Julianna Margulies, who plays Alicia, said about her character, according to E!Online.
"A death, I think anything important that happens in someone's life is a game-changer, and it makes you hopefully a better person for it. You'll see this tremendous loss for her, but the choices she makes from them on are incredibly careful, and they're mostly about her."
The official synopsis of the upcoming episode titled “A Material World” also indicates that Alicia will help Finn when it is revealed that he is looking for a scapegoat in the Jeffrey Grant case.
Jason O'Mara will return as Damian Boyle and this is expected to be his final appearance in the current season.
Meanwhile, rumors also suggest that Alicia and Peter will try to mend their relationship, now that Will is no longer in the picture. The promo of the upcoming episode shows Peter telling Alicia that his affair did not mean anything.
But Alicia responds saying: “When I cheated, it did.”
However, a number of fans hope that Peter will show his sensitive side in the wake of Gardner’s death and try to make his marriage work.
“A Material World” will air on 13 April on CBS.
Photo Credit: Screenshot/CBS
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged