‘Good Wife’ Season 5 Episode 17 Spoilers: Alicia, Diana Merge Firms; Alicia, Peter to Give Their Marriage Another Shot?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 10:10 PM EST
The unexpected death of Will Gardner has come as a shock to both fans as well as “The Good Wife” characters whose attempts to move on with their lives was portrayed in the last episode.
The Good Wife
Although Alicia and Diane are still mourning Gardner’s death, the upcoming episode will focus on their decision to merge their law firms. It still remains to be seen if Gardner’s name will be removed from the Lockhart/Gardner law firm.
It is not going to be an easy task as both Alicia and Diane are at the opposite ends of a divorce case, but it is sure to open up a number of opportunities for the duo.
"Of course there's gonna be this hole in her life, but how she fills it and how she starts to question her choices - ‘Why am I doing this? Why am I representing these a--holes?' - suddenly it's black and white. There's no gray area," Julianna Margulies, who plays Alicia, said about her character, according to E!Online.
"A death, I think anything important that happens in someone's life is a game-changer, and it makes you hopefully a better person for it. You'll see this tremendous loss for her, but the choices she makes from them on are incredibly careful, and they're mostly about her."
The official synopsis of the upcoming episode titled “A Material World” also indicates that Alicia will help Finn when it is revealed that he is looking for a scapegoat in the Jeffrey Grant case.
Jason O'Mara will return as Damian Boyle and this is expected to be his final appearance in the current season.
Meanwhile, rumors also suggest that Alicia and Peter will try to mend their relationship, now that Will is no longer in the picture. The promo of the upcoming episode shows Peter telling Alicia that his affair did not mean anything.
But Alicia responds saying: “When I cheated, it did.”
However, a number of fans hope that Peter will show his sensitive side in the wake of Gardner’s death and try to make his marriage work.
“A Material World” will air on 13 April on CBS.
Photo Credit: Screenshot/CBS
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown