Chelsea FC News: PSG Striker Doubtful for Return Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Paris Saint Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic might not be able to take part in their Champions League quarter-final return leg against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
PSG forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubtful for Champions League return leg against Chelsea due to a suspected hamstring injury
The Swede asked for a play stoppage, as he fell down on his own at the 68th minute, due to a suspected hamstring injury as he appeared to have hyperextend his leg.
"It's a muscular problem. He will see the doctor tomorrow (Thursday)," said PSG manager Laurent Blanc.
"He wanted to continue but that wasn't reasonable. I hope he is back as soon as possible because we need him."
"I'm not sure whether it's his calf or his hamstring. We'll have to look, but it will require a certain amount of rest."
The Blues and Les Parisiens will play their second leg on Tuesday, and an Ibrahimovic-less could mean good news for the former as they are looking to come back from a 3-1 defeat.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles