Chelsea FC News: PSG Striker Doubtful for Return Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Paris Saint Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic might not be able to take part in their Champions League quarter-final return leg against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
PSG forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubtful for Champions League return leg against Chelsea due to a suspected hamstring injury
The Swede asked for a play stoppage, as he fell down on his own at the 68th minute, due to a suspected hamstring injury as he appeared to have hyperextend his leg.
"It's a muscular problem. He will see the doctor tomorrow (Thursday)," said PSG manager Laurent Blanc.
"He wanted to continue but that wasn't reasonable. I hope he is back as soon as possible because we need him."
"I'm not sure whether it's his calf or his hamstring. We'll have to look, but it will require a certain amount of rest."
The Blues and Les Parisiens will play their second leg on Tuesday, and an Ibrahimovic-less could mean good news for the former as they are looking to come back from a 3-1 defeat.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones