Chelsea FC News: PSG Striker Doubtful for Return Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Paris Saint Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic might not be able to take part in their Champions League quarter-final return leg against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
PSG forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubtful for Champions League return leg against Chelsea due to a suspected hamstring injury
The Swede asked for a play stoppage, as he fell down on his own at the 68th minute, due to a suspected hamstring injury as he appeared to have hyperextend his leg.
"It's a muscular problem. He will see the doctor tomorrow (Thursday)," said PSG manager Laurent Blanc.
"He wanted to continue but that wasn't reasonable. I hope he is back as soon as possible because we need him."
"I'm not sure whether it's his calf or his hamstring. We'll have to look, but it will require a certain amount of rest."
The Blues and Les Parisiens will play their second leg on Tuesday, and an Ibrahimovic-less could mean good news for the former as they are looking to come back from a 3-1 defeat.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence