Chelsea FC News: PSG Striker Doubtful for Return Leg
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Paris Saint Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic might not be able to take part in their Champions League quarter-final return leg against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
PSG forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubtful for Champions League return leg against Chelsea due to a suspected hamstring injury
The Swede asked for a play stoppage, as he fell down on his own at the 68th minute, due to a suspected hamstring injury as he appeared to have hyperextend his leg.
"It's a muscular problem. He will see the doctor tomorrow (Thursday)," said PSG manager Laurent Blanc.
"He wanted to continue but that wasn't reasonable. I hope he is back as soon as possible because we need him."
"I'm not sure whether it's his calf or his hamstring. We'll have to look, but it will require a certain amount of rest."
The Blues and Les Parisiens will play their second leg on Tuesday, and an Ibrahimovic-less could mean good news for the former as they are looking to come back from a 3-1 defeat.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports