Arsenal FC Transfer News: Tottenham Defender Rubbishes Emirates Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 3, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Tottenham Hotspur defender Younes Kaboul brushed off rumours linking him to an end of season free transfer to Arsenal.
IBTimes Sport and various sources recently reported that the 28-year-old was keen on donning a Gunners shirt, which could be his last stop at a top European club before he enters the twilight years of his career.
“I can confirm 100% that the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!!” - Younes Kaboul on speculation involving a move to Arsenal this summer
However, the French centre-back immediately cleared the air by posting a statement on his Twitter page that read: "I can confirm 100% that the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!!"
I can confirm 100% that the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!! #coys
— Younes Kaboul (@YounsKabs4) April 2, 2014
Kaboul's contract is set to expire this coming June, but there has yet to be talks regarding a possible extension.
His past two seasons at White Hart Lane has been marred with injuries that limited his first-team involvement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles