iPhone 6 Release Date: Analyst Reveals Features Not Seen in iPhone 5S and 5C
By Raymond Ronamai | April 3, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Apple Inc. has not even revealed the release date of its next generation smartphone iPhone 6 but speculations on the expected features of the device keep on surfacing. Now, an analyst has claimed that the new flagship phone will have some features not seen in its predecessors iPhone 5S and 5C.
File photo of a woman posing for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush
Chinese analyst Sun Chang Xu posted on her Weibo page that Apple is planning to introduce sensors that can detect pressure, temperature and humidity.
"A top MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) sensor's friend said to me, iPhone 6 may add pressure sensor and a temperature and humidity sensor. It seems to be the added plus to go," wrote Sun (via Google translation).
It was earlier reported that the Cupertino giant is planning to come out with an app called HealthBook, though the company has not confirmed the same.
Samsung Electronics introduced a fitness-oriented software called S Health 3.0 in its new flagship device Galaxy S5 to help users monitor and manage their behavior, along with additional tools, including a pedometer, diet and exercise records and a new built-in heart rate monitor.
Apple is expected to release two variants of iPhone 6 - 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models - later this year. There are conflicting reports on the unveiling of the device, with some suggesting that it would see the light of the day in the upcoming WWDC event in June, while most media houses expect it to arrive only in September.
A research note from UBS Managing Director Steve Milunovich (via Barron's) had earlier suggested that the 4.7-inch variant of iPhone 6 would be launched either in August or September but the 5.5-inch model may or may not be released at the same time.
The flagship smartphone is expected to feature a full scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen. It is expected to be powered by the A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports