iPhone 6 Release Date: Analyst Reveals Features Not Seen in iPhone 5S and 5C
By Raymond Ronamai | April 3, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Apple Inc. has not even revealed the release date of its next generation smartphone iPhone 6 but speculations on the expected features of the device keep on surfacing. Now, an analyst has claimed that the new flagship phone will have some features not seen in its predecessors iPhone 5S and 5C.
File photo of a woman posing for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush
Chinese analyst Sun Chang Xu posted on her Weibo page that Apple is planning to introduce sensors that can detect pressure, temperature and humidity.
"A top MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) sensor's friend said to me, iPhone 6 may add pressure sensor and a temperature and humidity sensor. It seems to be the added plus to go," wrote Sun (via Google translation).
It was earlier reported that the Cupertino giant is planning to come out with an app called HealthBook, though the company has not confirmed the same.
Samsung Electronics introduced a fitness-oriented software called S Health 3.0 in its new flagship device Galaxy S5 to help users monitor and manage their behavior, along with additional tools, including a pedometer, diet and exercise records and a new built-in heart rate monitor.
Apple is expected to release two variants of iPhone 6 - 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models - later this year. There are conflicting reports on the unveiling of the device, with some suggesting that it would see the light of the day in the upcoming WWDC event in June, while most media houses expect it to arrive only in September.
A research note from UBS Managing Director Steve Milunovich (via Barron's) had earlier suggested that the 4.7-inch variant of iPhone 6 would be launched either in August or September but the 5.5-inch model may or may not be released at the same time.
The flagship smartphone is expected to feature a full scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen. It is expected to be powered by the A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects