'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck Was Never The First Choice to Play Batman:It Was Josh Brolin
By Sonalee singh | April 3, 2014 8:01 PM EST
Recently, revealed reports suggest that Ben Affleck was not the first choice to play the legendary role of Batman aka Bruce Wayne in "Man of Steel" 2 sequel. Before Affleck stepped into the skin of superhero, Josh Brolin was being considered for playing Batman. However, as luck may have it Brolin turned down the role due to his own reasons.
Apparently, some creative differences rose between Brolin and the maker of the film Zack Synder's that led him to turn down the iconic role.
"Me and Zack had a conversation about it," Brolin revealed to Enstarz, "there were several reasons why we said it wasn't the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his."
Moreover, Brolin does not want to become a part of all the hype, which comes as a part and parcel of Batman movies. Brolin wants to play character, which are little tainted, and not something, which will typecast him.
"To me it's not about being cool and all that stuff," he said. "Looking back over your shoulder and saying that one line everyone's going to remember? Maybe I could do that. But I do roles that aren't necessarily all that cool. All my stuff is a little off."
Though it is not like that Brolin is not open to comic book adaptation opportunities. In 2010 he did play a comic book character in the film Jonah Hex. However, the film was unable to make its mark at the box office.
Meanwhile, Affleck had to suffer immense backlash after he accepted the role of Batman. Things like Affleck should die for doing the Batman role were said via Internet media. Regarding the criticism Brolin said, "People were so disrespectful," adding, "How can you blame an actor for acting? I understand you're a fan, but people forget that actors are human. When you're sitting in front of a computer it's easy to go, 'Well, I wish he would die. Send.' But somebody's going to read that. Their kids are going to read it and the wife is going to read it. We're so computer-oriented that we forget."
"Man of Steel" 2 will be hitting the theaters near you on 6 May, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown