'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck Was Never The First Choice to Play Batman:It Was Josh Brolin
By Sonalee singh | April 3, 2014 8:01 PM EST
Recently, revealed reports suggest that Ben Affleck was not the first choice to play the legendary role of Batman aka Bruce Wayne in "Man of Steel" 2 sequel. Before Affleck stepped into the skin of superhero, Josh Brolin was being considered for playing Batman. However, as luck may have it Brolin turned down the role due to his own reasons.
Apparently, some creative differences rose between Brolin and the maker of the film Zack Synder's that led him to turn down the iconic role.
"Me and Zack had a conversation about it," Brolin revealed to Enstarz, "there were several reasons why we said it wasn't the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his."
Moreover, Brolin does not want to become a part of all the hype, which comes as a part and parcel of Batman movies. Brolin wants to play character, which are little tainted, and not something, which will typecast him.
"To me it's not about being cool and all that stuff," he said. "Looking back over your shoulder and saying that one line everyone's going to remember? Maybe I could do that. But I do roles that aren't necessarily all that cool. All my stuff is a little off."
Though it is not like that Brolin is not open to comic book adaptation opportunities. In 2010 he did play a comic book character in the film Jonah Hex. However, the film was unable to make its mark at the box office.
Meanwhile, Affleck had to suffer immense backlash after he accepted the role of Batman. Things like Affleck should die for doing the Batman role were said via Internet media. Regarding the criticism Brolin said, "People were so disrespectful," adding, "How can you blame an actor for acting? I understand you're a fan, but people forget that actors are human. When you're sitting in front of a computer it's easy to go, 'Well, I wish he would die. Send.' But somebody's going to read that. Their kids are going to read it and the wife is going to read it. We're so computer-oriented that we forget."
"Man of Steel" 2 will be hitting the theaters near you on 6 May, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report