BMW Drives in M6 Gran Coupé; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 7:58 PM EST
German carmaker BMW launched its M6 Gran Coupé in India with a price tag of ₹1.75 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe automobile at the 2012 International Auto Show in New York
The petrol-powered performance oriented four door coupe is based on M5 sedan platform and comes with two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 560PS between 6,000 to 7,000rpm and a peak torque of 680Nm at 1,500-5,750rpm.The engine is mated to 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and can accelerate 0-100kmph in 4.2 seconds.
The latest BMW coupe comes in four power modes- Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport and the Sport+ and packs safety features like airbags for the driver and passenger, side airbags for the driver and passenger, ABS, EBD, CBC (Cornering Brake Control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
Other features of the car include carbon-fiber roof, 20-way power adjustable and heated M Sport seats, rear-parking camera, keyless entry and stop/start system.
The cars will directly challenge Audi RS 7 in the domestic market. Audi RS 7, the company's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km. It is priced at ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Recently, the company had rolled out its locally manufactured BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in India, with a price tag of ₹42.75 lakh. Carrying sporty and elegant look, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo comes with 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm.
The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph. It is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai and comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features