BMW Drives in M6 Gran Coupé; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 7:58 PM EST
German carmaker BMW launched its M6 Gran Coupé in India with a price tag of ₹1.75 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe automobile at the 2012 International Auto Show in New York
The petrol-powered performance oriented four door coupe is based on M5 sedan platform and comes with two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 560PS between 6,000 to 7,000rpm and a peak torque of 680Nm at 1,500-5,750rpm.The engine is mated to 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and can accelerate 0-100kmph in 4.2 seconds.
The latest BMW coupe comes in four power modes- Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport and the Sport+ and packs safety features like airbags for the driver and passenger, side airbags for the driver and passenger, ABS, EBD, CBC (Cornering Brake Control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
Other features of the car include carbon-fiber roof, 20-way power adjustable and heated M Sport seats, rear-parking camera, keyless entry and stop/start system.
The cars will directly challenge Audi RS 7 in the domestic market. Audi RS 7, the company's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km. It is priced at ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Recently, the company had rolled out its locally manufactured BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in India, with a price tag of ₹42.75 lakh. Carrying sporty and elegant look, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo comes with 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm.
The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph. It is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai and comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money