BMW Drives in M6 Gran Coupé; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 7:58 PM EST
German carmaker BMW launched its M6 Gran Coupé in India with a price tag of ₹1.75 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe automobile at the 2012 International Auto Show in New York
The petrol-powered performance oriented four door coupe is based on M5 sedan platform and comes with two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 560PS between 6,000 to 7,000rpm and a peak torque of 680Nm at 1,500-5,750rpm.The engine is mated to 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and can accelerate 0-100kmph in 4.2 seconds.
The latest BMW coupe comes in four power modes- Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport and the Sport+ and packs safety features like airbags for the driver and passenger, side airbags for the driver and passenger, ABS, EBD, CBC (Cornering Brake Control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
Other features of the car include carbon-fiber roof, 20-way power adjustable and heated M Sport seats, rear-parking camera, keyless entry and stop/start system.
The cars will directly challenge Audi RS 7 in the domestic market. Audi RS 7, the company's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km. It is priced at ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Recently, the company had rolled out its locally manufactured BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in India, with a price tag of ₹42.75 lakh. Carrying sporty and elegant look, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo comes with 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm.
The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph. It is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai and comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]