BMW Drives in M6 Gran Coupé; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 7:58 PM EST
German carmaker BMW launched its M6 Gran Coupé in India with a price tag of ₹1.75 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe automobile at the 2012 International Auto Show in New York
The petrol-powered performance oriented four door coupe is based on M5 sedan platform and comes with two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 560PS between 6,000 to 7,000rpm and a peak torque of 680Nm at 1,500-5,750rpm.The engine is mated to 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and can accelerate 0-100kmph in 4.2 seconds.
The latest BMW coupe comes in four power modes- Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport and the Sport+ and packs safety features like airbags for the driver and passenger, side airbags for the driver and passenger, ABS, EBD, CBC (Cornering Brake Control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
Other features of the car include carbon-fiber roof, 20-way power adjustable and heated M Sport seats, rear-parking camera, keyless entry and stop/start system.
The cars will directly challenge Audi RS 7 in the domestic market. Audi RS 7, the company's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km. It is priced at ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Recently, the company had rolled out its locally manufactured BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in India, with a price tag of ₹42.75 lakh. Carrying sporty and elegant look, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo comes with 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm.
The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph. It is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai and comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Parliament Passes Changes to Qantas Sale Act, Flag Carrier Will Remain Majority Australian Owned
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People