BMW Drives in M6 Gran Coupé; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 7:58 PM EST
German carmaker BMW launched its M6 Gran Coupé in India with a price tag of ₹1.75 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe automobile at the 2012 International Auto Show in New York
The petrol-powered performance oriented four door coupe is based on M5 sedan platform and comes with two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 560PS between 6,000 to 7,000rpm and a peak torque of 680Nm at 1,500-5,750rpm.The engine is mated to 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and can accelerate 0-100kmph in 4.2 seconds.
The latest BMW coupe comes in four power modes- Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport and the Sport+ and packs safety features like airbags for the driver and passenger, side airbags for the driver and passenger, ABS, EBD, CBC (Cornering Brake Control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
Other features of the car include carbon-fiber roof, 20-way power adjustable and heated M Sport seats, rear-parking camera, keyless entry and stop/start system.
The cars will directly challenge Audi RS 7 in the domestic market. Audi RS 7, the company's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km. It is priced at ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Recently, the company had rolled out its locally manufactured BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in India, with a price tag of ₹42.75 lakh. Carrying sporty and elegant look, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo comes with 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm.
The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph. It is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai and comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date