Who Will Be Shah Rukh’s Leading Lady in 'Fan' - Vaani Kapoor, Parineeti, Deepika or Anushka?
By Ankita Mehta | April 3, 2014 7:04 PM EST
Shah Rukh Khan is set to work in Maneesh Sharma's upcoming film "Fan", but the makers are yet to finalise the leading lady.
Shah Rukh Khan at "Krrish 3" special screening
Actresses' names including Vanni Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma have emerged for female lead's role opposite Khan, and the latest buzz in tinsel town is that newcomer Kapoor is being finalised for the role.
The buzz started doing the rounds since Kapoor has worked in two film produced by Yash Raj production house.
Kapoor made her Bollywood debut in Yash Raj Production film "Shuddh Desi Romance," which was directed by Maneesh. Also, she worked in "Aaha Kalyanam" produced under YRF banner. "Aaha Kalyanam" is the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baaja Baaraat".
The makers of the film are yet to confirm the reports, but an inside source has confirmed "director Maneesh Sharma and producer Aditya Chopra have locked on Vaani as the leading lady for Fan," according to Bollywood Hungama.
Apart from Kapoor, reports of Chopra, Padukone and Sharma are also being considered for the project is doing the rounds. But Chopra denied it saying that the makers have not approached her for the role.
"No, I am not in Fan. There is not even an iota of truth to the rumours making the rounds," Chopra said, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The suspense over the leading actress for the film will be over only when the makers and directors make the official announcement.
Meanwhile, the makers have already started working on SRK's look in the film. Three times Oscar winner make-up artist Greg Cannom has come to India to work on the actor's look.
Khan, who has millions of fans across the world, will be seen playing the role of a biggest fan.
Maneesh, who is excited with SRK's new-look, told The Times of India that they will keep his looks under wraps.
"We are attempting a never-seen before look for Shah Rukh which will be both challenging for us and exciting for the viewer. Understandably, this will be kept under wraps till the first look of the film is revealed."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown