Who Will Be Shah Rukh’s Leading Lady in 'Fan' - Vaani Kapoor, Parineeti, Deepika or Anushka?
By Ankita Mehta | April 3, 2014 7:04 PM EST
Shah Rukh Khan is set to work in Maneesh Sharma's upcoming film "Fan", but the makers are yet to finalise the leading lady.
Shah Rukh Khan at "Krrish 3" special screening
Actresses' names including Vanni Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma have emerged for female lead's role opposite Khan, and the latest buzz in tinsel town is that newcomer Kapoor is being finalised for the role.
The buzz started doing the rounds since Kapoor has worked in two film produced by Yash Raj production house.
Kapoor made her Bollywood debut in Yash Raj Production film "Shuddh Desi Romance," which was directed by Maneesh. Also, she worked in "Aaha Kalyanam" produced under YRF banner. "Aaha Kalyanam" is the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baaja Baaraat".
The makers of the film are yet to confirm the reports, but an inside source has confirmed "director Maneesh Sharma and producer Aditya Chopra have locked on Vaani as the leading lady for Fan," according to Bollywood Hungama.
Apart from Kapoor, reports of Chopra, Padukone and Sharma are also being considered for the project is doing the rounds. But Chopra denied it saying that the makers have not approached her for the role.
"No, I am not in Fan. There is not even an iota of truth to the rumours making the rounds," Chopra said, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The suspense over the leading actress for the film will be over only when the makers and directors make the official announcement.
Meanwhile, the makers have already started working on SRK's look in the film. Three times Oscar winner make-up artist Greg Cannom has come to India to work on the actor's look.
Khan, who has millions of fans across the world, will be seen playing the role of a biggest fan.
Maneesh, who is excited with SRK's new-look, told The Times of India that they will keep his looks under wraps.
"We are attempting a never-seen before look for Shah Rukh which will be both challenging for us and exciting for the viewer. Understandably, this will be kept under wraps till the first look of the film is revealed."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy