World Cup 2014: A Guide to Arena De Sao Paulo
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 3, 2014 6:55 PM EST
The world cup fever has already gripped the soccer fans as all are ecstatic to catch their country live in action in one of the most prestigious tournament FIFA World Cup 2014.
Labourers work on the construction of the Arena de Sao Paulo Stadium, one of the venues for the 2014 World Cup, in the Sao Paulo district of Itaquera April 1, 2014. Brazilian authorities halted work at the temporary stands of the stadium that will host the opening match of this year's World Cup following the death of a worker, the company in charge of the construction said on March 31, 2014.
Brazil will host the world cup across twelve different locations. They are: Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Recife, Salvador, Cuiaba, Curitiba, Manaus, Natal and Porto Alegre.
Arena De Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo: This new stadium is getting the final touch to host the opening match, as Brazil will play against Croatia. The stadium has a seating capacity of 65,807 of which 20,000 are temporary. FIFA initially decided to host the first match at Estadio do Morumbi, but as the funding failed for renovation, the venue was pushed to the new arena.
Besides the opening match, people of Sao Paulo will also catch other actions. The current fixture indicates the following matches to be played in the city: Brazil vs. Croatia (June 12), Uruguay vs. England (June 19), Netherlands vs. Chile (June 23), South Korea vs. Belgium (July 26). In the second round, the city will host Winner of Group F vs. Runner-up of Group E on July 1, and the semi-final on July 9 where third winner of quarter-final will play against the fourth winner of quarter-final.
Location: Arena de Sao Paulo is located in the Itaquera area, around seventeen minutes from the city downtown. The Metro line 3 connects the stadium to the centre of the city. The stadium also offers parking space for 1,620 vehicles along with 929 open air spaces. Besides there are 61 bus routes that has their stoppage near the stadium.
Sao Paulo is a traveller's paradise and is the largest city of Brazil. The city is lively with good amenities for tourists.
Weather: Brazil enjoys a tropical climate. As the tournament is slated in June and July, the weather would be hot and scorching
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks