World Cup 2014: A Guide to Arena De Sao Paulo
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 3, 2014 6:55 PM EST
The world cup fever has already gripped the soccer fans as all are ecstatic to catch their country live in action in one of the most prestigious tournament FIFA World Cup 2014.
Labourers work on the construction of the Arena de Sao Paulo Stadium, one of the venues for the 2014 World Cup, in the Sao Paulo district of Itaquera April 1, 2014. Brazilian authorities halted work at the temporary stands of the stadium that will host the opening match of this year's World Cup following the death of a worker, the company in charge of the construction said on March 31, 2014.
Brazil will host the world cup across twelve different locations. They are: Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Recife, Salvador, Cuiaba, Curitiba, Manaus, Natal and Porto Alegre.
Arena De Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo: This new stadium is getting the final touch to host the opening match, as Brazil will play against Croatia. The stadium has a seating capacity of 65,807 of which 20,000 are temporary. FIFA initially decided to host the first match at Estadio do Morumbi, but as the funding failed for renovation, the venue was pushed to the new arena.
Besides the opening match, people of Sao Paulo will also catch other actions. The current fixture indicates the following matches to be played in the city: Brazil vs. Croatia (June 12), Uruguay vs. England (June 19), Netherlands vs. Chile (June 23), South Korea vs. Belgium (July 26). In the second round, the city will host Winner of Group F vs. Runner-up of Group E on July 1, and the semi-final on July 9 where third winner of quarter-final will play against the fourth winner of quarter-final.
Location: Arena de Sao Paulo is located in the Itaquera area, around seventeen minutes from the city downtown. The Metro line 3 connects the stadium to the centre of the city. The stadium also offers parking space for 1,620 vehicles along with 929 open air spaces. Besides there are 61 bus routes that has their stoppage near the stadium.
Sao Paulo is a traveller's paradise and is the largest city of Brazil. The city is lively with good amenities for tourists.
Weather: Brazil enjoys a tropical climate. As the tournament is slated in June and July, the weather would be hot and scorching
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop