The Ultimate 2014 NBA Playoffs Race Guide: Heat, Pacers Battle for East No. 1
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 6:25 PM EST
With less than 10 games to go for most teams, this is indeed the stretch run in the NBA regular season. A lot of things are still unsettled however as teams play for positioning and for those right at the bubble of the playoff picture, a loss or two could very well boot them out of contention for top eight in either conferences.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
Here’s a quick look at the scenarios at the top of the East:
Battle for the East’s Top Spot
1. Miami Heat (52-22)
2. Indiana Pacers (53-23)
Both the Heat and Pacers actually struggled for most of the month of March. While Miami sort of recovered, Indiana continued their downward spiral giving up the top seed to Miami last Tuesday. At the end of the Wednesday games, Indiana has actually tied the Heat at the top although Miami has more games left and has less in the loss column.
If the Heat win out the rest of the regular season, then they get the No. 1 seed and homecourt advantage over the Pacers when they meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Miami Heat (5 home, 3 away) - MIN, NYK, BKN, @MEM, IND, @ATL, @WAS, PHI
Indiana Pacers (2 home, 4 away) - @TOR, ATL, @MIL, @MIA, OKC, @ORL
The good news for Indiana fans is that they are facing two scrub teams in the Bucks and Magic. The bad news is that they also have two title contenders on tap: the Thunder and the Heat. Goes without saying that the match-up with their Eastern rivals could very well decide who takes over the top spot before the start of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu