The Ultimate 2014 NBA Playoffs Race Guide: Heat, Pacers Battle for East No. 1
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 6:25 PM EST
With less than 10 games to go for most teams, this is indeed the stretch run in the NBA regular season. A lot of things are still unsettled however as teams play for positioning and for those right at the bubble of the playoff picture, a loss or two could very well boot them out of contention for top eight in either conferences.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
Here’s a quick look at the scenarios at the top of the East:
Battle for the East’s Top Spot
1. Miami Heat (52-22)
2. Indiana Pacers (53-23)
Both the Heat and Pacers actually struggled for most of the month of March. While Miami sort of recovered, Indiana continued their downward spiral giving up the top seed to Miami last Tuesday. At the end of the Wednesday games, Indiana has actually tied the Heat at the top although Miami has more games left and has less in the loss column.
If the Heat win out the rest of the regular season, then they get the No. 1 seed and homecourt advantage over the Pacers when they meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Miami Heat (5 home, 3 away) - MIN, NYK, BKN, @MEM, IND, @ATL, @WAS, PHI
Indiana Pacers (2 home, 4 away) - @TOR, ATL, @MIL, @MIA, OKC, @ORL
The good news for Indiana fans is that they are facing two scrub teams in the Bucks and Magic. The bad news is that they also have two title contenders on tap: the Thunder and the Heat. Goes without saying that the match-up with their Eastern rivals could very well decide who takes over the top spot before the start of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery