The Ultimate 2014 NBA Playoffs Race Guide: Heat, Pacers Battle for East No. 1
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 6:25 PM EST
With less than 10 games to go for most teams, this is indeed the stretch run in the NBA regular season. A lot of things are still unsettled however as teams play for positioning and for those right at the bubble of the playoff picture, a loss or two could very well boot them out of contention for top eight in either conferences.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
Here’s a quick look at the scenarios at the top of the East:
Battle for the East’s Top Spot
1. Miami Heat (52-22)
2. Indiana Pacers (53-23)
Both the Heat and Pacers actually struggled for most of the month of March. While Miami sort of recovered, Indiana continued their downward spiral giving up the top seed to Miami last Tuesday. At the end of the Wednesday games, Indiana has actually tied the Heat at the top although Miami has more games left and has less in the loss column.
If the Heat win out the rest of the regular season, then they get the No. 1 seed and homecourt advantage over the Pacers when they meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Miami Heat (5 home, 3 away) - MIN, NYK, BKN, @MEM, IND, @ATL, @WAS, PHI
Indiana Pacers (2 home, 4 away) - @TOR, ATL, @MIL, @MIA, OKC, @ORL
The good news for Indiana fans is that they are facing two scrub teams in the Bucks and Magic. The bad news is that they also have two title contenders on tap: the Thunder and the Heat. Goes without saying that the match-up with their Eastern rivals could very well decide who takes over the top spot before the start of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate