'Maan Karate' Box Office: Will Sivakarthikeyan Score Another Hit?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 3, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Read "Maan Karate" Review Roundup HERE
Maan Karate (Facebook)
With just a day left for the release of "Maan Karate," fans of Sivakarthikeyan and Hansika are eagerly awaiting the release of their latest film. [Also read about "Maan Karate" screen count HERE]
"Maan Karate" will be Sivakarthikeyan's biggest release as it is releasing in around 650 screens worldwide. The film's premiere shows will be held in key overseas markets such as USA, GCC and Malaysia.
Directed by debutante Thirukumaran, "Maan Karate" is deemed as a romantic, fantasy entertainer with all the commercial elements. Sivakarthikeyan appears in the role of Royapuram Peter, a guy from North Madras. Hansika plays the female lead character Yazhini, while comedian Sathish, "Thuppakki" fame Vidyut Jamwal, Soori and Vamsi Krishna appear in pivotal roles.
The film has a boxing theme and a lot of stunts are reportedly involved between Sivakarthikeyan and Vamsi, who plays the villain.
The songs of "Maan Karate," composed by Anirudh, have turned out to be big hits. The film is carrying positive pre-release buzz with impressive first look posters, trailer and song teasers. It remains to be seen if the film's content will be able to impress the audience and get positive reviews from them.
Sivakarthikeyan is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor, who started his film career with 2012-release "Marina," has an impressive track record at the box office. His last three films "Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga", "Ethir Neechal" and "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam" performed well and minted good collections at the box office.
Interestingly, all three films hit theatres in 2013. "Maan Karate" will be the actor's first release of 2014 and it is also the first big summer release of the year. Armed with good pre-release buzz, "Maan Karate" is likely to take a good opening at the box office. According to latest reports, the advance booking for the film's first weekend has received fantastic response in several theatres, which will ensure good theatre occupancy for the first three days.
One need to wait a little longer to find out if Sivakarthikeyan will be able to score another hit in "Maan Karate."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet