Justin Bieber Trial: After Selena Gomez, Singer’s Bodyguard to Testify; Bieber Working on a Plea Deal?
By Riza Ornos | April 3, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Since his arrest in Miami, Thursday, Jan. 23, Canadian pop star Justin Bieber might not be going to trial for his Miami DUI after all. Source close to the singer told TMZ that Bieber is close to reaching a plea deal after ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez was summoned to testify.
Justin Bieber Cries in Court
The singer's camp is currently brewing a plan to plead no contest to reckless driving, resisting arrest, DUI and driving with a suspended license charges to the prosecution. It was reported on February that the 20-year-old pop star rejected a plea deal offered by the prosecution, and now after a month of trial the singer had a change of heart, according to a post in UPI.com.
The plea deal was offered because of a clause in the probation terms where he needed to submit to random drug testing for six to nine months. But according to TMZ, the said clause has been removed from the current deal and the singer will end up in a one year probation eve if he takes the plea deal.
A May 5 trial date has been set for the "Boyfriend" singer for his Miami DUI case after he was arrested in the Sunshine State on Jan. 23. According to prosecutor Daniel Diaz-Balart no plea was offered to the pop singer who pleaded not guilty to all his charges, Montreal Gazette reports.
"All we're going to say is, we're going to prepare for a trial and that Mr. Bieber has pleaded not guilty," says Bieber's attorney Roy Black when asked about the plea deal and revealed that there is no deal offered to his client.
Bieber was arrested with R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff during the Jan. 23 arrest and Sharieff has a separate trial date on April 7 on his DUI charge. The singer also pleaded not guilty.
Singer's Bodyguard to Testify
After summoning Selena Gomez to testify on Justin Bieber's trial, the singer's ex-bodyguard Moshe Benabou was subpoenaed to testify on his paparazzi lawsuit. The trial is scheduled next week where Benabou was tasked to give his account on the alleged brawl.
The photographer lawsuit is related to a case filed by snapper Jeffrey Binion whom Justin allegedly attacked. The ex-bodyguard who also filed his own lawsuit against the singer is ordered to appear to answer questions in the civil case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop