Justin Bieber Trial: After Selena Gomez, Singer’s Bodyguard to Testify; Bieber Working on a Plea Deal?
By Riza Ornos | April 3, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Since his arrest in Miami, Thursday, Jan. 23, Canadian pop star Justin Bieber might not be going to trial for his Miami DUI after all. Source close to the singer told TMZ that Bieber is close to reaching a plea deal after ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez was summoned to testify.
Justin Bieber Cries in Court
The singer's camp is currently brewing a plan to plead no contest to reckless driving, resisting arrest, DUI and driving with a suspended license charges to the prosecution. It was reported on February that the 20-year-old pop star rejected a plea deal offered by the prosecution, and now after a month of trial the singer had a change of heart, according to a post in UPI.com.
The plea deal was offered because of a clause in the probation terms where he needed to submit to random drug testing for six to nine months. But according to TMZ, the said clause has been removed from the current deal and the singer will end up in a one year probation eve if he takes the plea deal.
A May 5 trial date has been set for the "Boyfriend" singer for his Miami DUI case after he was arrested in the Sunshine State on Jan. 23. According to prosecutor Daniel Diaz-Balart no plea was offered to the pop singer who pleaded not guilty to all his charges, Montreal Gazette reports.
"All we're going to say is, we're going to prepare for a trial and that Mr. Bieber has pleaded not guilty," says Bieber's attorney Roy Black when asked about the plea deal and revealed that there is no deal offered to his client.
Bieber was arrested with R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff during the Jan. 23 arrest and Sharieff has a separate trial date on April 7 on his DUI charge. The singer also pleaded not guilty.
Singer's Bodyguard to Testify
After summoning Selena Gomez to testify on Justin Bieber's trial, the singer's ex-bodyguard Moshe Benabou was subpoenaed to testify on his paparazzi lawsuit. The trial is scheduled next week where Benabou was tasked to give his account on the alleged brawl.
The photographer lawsuit is related to a case filed by snapper Jeffrey Binion whom Justin allegedly attacked. The ex-bodyguard who also filed his own lawsuit against the singer is ordered to appear to answer questions in the civil case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide