Real Fairies Captured in Photograph? British Lecturer Claims to have Found Mythical Creatures that ‘Bring Magic to Our Lives’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 3, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Human beings could be on the threshold of the biggest discovery ever in the history of universe.
The existence of fairies has long been dismissed and was resigned to the realm of children's books and mostly to the imaginations of fanciful tales. But all this could change soon.
Jonh Hyatt via Facebook
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that fairies are real. (Photo: John Hyatt via Facebook)
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that the creatures are real and are residing in the Rossendale Valley, Lancashire.
The 53-year old lecturer is also on a mission to get more adults to believe and "bring a bit of a magic into their lives," the Manchester Evening News reported.
Hyatt, who is the Director of Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD) at Manchester Metropolitan University, is said to have snapped images of what he claims are the tiny winged creatures, while he was out photographing the Lanchahire landscape over the last two years, the paper said.
He has now put his photographs on display at a special exhibition, British Tabloid Mirror reported.
Hyatt, who was reportedly also a member of the Three Jons punk band in the 1980s and 1990s, insists his photographs are real and have not been photoshopped or altered in any way. From the looks of it, the photographs of the lecturer, which have now gone viral online, shows some insects of sort flying around.
However, the creatures captured do look like small humans with bright wings flying around the bushes and also appear to have a pair of hands and legs.
The lecturer, who has begun to baffle people across the globe by this creepy claim, also says that adults who have seen them have already begun to harbor ideas that they may indeed be real.
"It was a bit of a shock when I blew them up, I did a double take," Mirror quoted him as saying.
"I went out afterwards and took pictures of flies and gnats and they just don't look the same. People can decide for themselves that they are.
"The message to people is to approach them with an open mid. I think its's one of those situations where you need to believe to see.
"A lot of people who have seen them say they have brought a little bit of magic into their lives and there's not enough of that around."
Hyatt has also said on his Facebook page that BBC Radio Manchester is interviewing him live about faries at 8:26am (local time) on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine