Real Fairies Captured in Photograph? British Lecturer Claims to have Found Mythical Creatures that ‘Bring Magic to Our Lives’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 3, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Human beings could be on the threshold of the biggest discovery ever in the history of universe.
The existence of fairies has long been dismissed and was resigned to the realm of children's books and mostly to the imaginations of fanciful tales. But all this could change soon.
Jonh Hyatt via Facebook
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that fairies are real. (Photo: John Hyatt via Facebook)
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that the creatures are real and are residing in the Rossendale Valley, Lancashire.
The 53-year old lecturer is also on a mission to get more adults to believe and "bring a bit of a magic into their lives," the Manchester Evening News reported.
Hyatt, who is the Director of Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD) at Manchester Metropolitan University, is said to have snapped images of what he claims are the tiny winged creatures, while he was out photographing the Lanchahire landscape over the last two years, the paper said.
He has now put his photographs on display at a special exhibition, British Tabloid Mirror reported.
Hyatt, who was reportedly also a member of the Three Jons punk band in the 1980s and 1990s, insists his photographs are real and have not been photoshopped or altered in any way. From the looks of it, the photographs of the lecturer, which have now gone viral online, shows some insects of sort flying around.
However, the creatures captured do look like small humans with bright wings flying around the bushes and also appear to have a pair of hands and legs.
The lecturer, who has begun to baffle people across the globe by this creepy claim, also says that adults who have seen them have already begun to harbor ideas that they may indeed be real.
"It was a bit of a shock when I blew them up, I did a double take," Mirror quoted him as saying.
"I went out afterwards and took pictures of flies and gnats and they just don't look the same. People can decide for themselves that they are.
"The message to people is to approach them with an open mid. I think its's one of those situations where you need to believe to see.
"A lot of people who have seen them say they have brought a little bit of magic into their lives and there's not enough of that around."
Hyatt has also said on his Facebook page that BBC Radio Manchester is interviewing him live about faries at 8:26am (local time) on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans