Real Fairies Captured in Photograph? British Lecturer Claims to have Found Mythical Creatures that ‘Bring Magic to Our Lives’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 3, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Human beings could be on the threshold of the biggest discovery ever in the history of universe.
The existence of fairies has long been dismissed and was resigned to the realm of children's books and mostly to the imaginations of fanciful tales. But all this could change soon.
Jonh Hyatt via Facebook
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that fairies are real. (Photo: John Hyatt via Facebook)
A lecturer of Manchester Metropolitan University, recognized as John Hyatt, has claimed that he now has proof that the creatures are real and are residing in the Rossendale Valley, Lancashire.
The 53-year old lecturer is also on a mission to get more adults to believe and "bring a bit of a magic into their lives," the Manchester Evening News reported.
Hyatt, who is the Director of Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD) at Manchester Metropolitan University, is said to have snapped images of what he claims are the tiny winged creatures, while he was out photographing the Lanchahire landscape over the last two years, the paper said.
He has now put his photographs on display at a special exhibition, British Tabloid Mirror reported.
Hyatt, who was reportedly also a member of the Three Jons punk band in the 1980s and 1990s, insists his photographs are real and have not been photoshopped or altered in any way. From the looks of it, the photographs of the lecturer, which have now gone viral online, shows some insects of sort flying around.
However, the creatures captured do look like small humans with bright wings flying around the bushes and also appear to have a pair of hands and legs.
The lecturer, who has begun to baffle people across the globe by this creepy claim, also says that adults who have seen them have already begun to harbor ideas that they may indeed be real.
"It was a bit of a shock when I blew them up, I did a double take," Mirror quoted him as saying.
"I went out afterwards and took pictures of flies and gnats and they just don't look the same. People can decide for themselves that they are.
"The message to people is to approach them with an open mid. I think its's one of those situations where you need to believe to see.
"A lot of people who have seen them say they have brought a little bit of magic into their lives and there's not enough of that around."
Hyatt has also said on his Facebook page that BBC Radio Manchester is interviewing him live about faries at 8:26am (local time) on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown