‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Released April 3rd in Australia, Hit or Miss?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 3, 2014 5:14 PM EST
The release date for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in Australia is today, April 3, 2014 and Marvel fans will be waiting in line to catch the sequel. The reviews for the second installation of "Captain America" varied among the different movie critics but it has been doing well since it has already gained close to half of its original gross. However, it is still too soon to tell whether it will be a success or a flop.
Actor Chris Evans arrives at the UK premiere of \"Captain America: The Winter Soldier\" at Shepherds Bush in London, March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Paul Hackett
The Hollywood premier of the "Captain America 2" was last month, March 13, 2014 and it had garnered an 8.2 rating from the critics of the Internet Movie Database (IMDb). This is a big improvement since the first "Captain America" back in 2011 was only rated as a 6.8. It still has not taken the top spot in the box office from the biblical adaption of "Noah" though.
Several movie critics believe that the sequel to the first superhero in the "Avengers" team did well but not as good as the follow up movies from "Iron Man" and "Thor." There are some speculations that the opening in Australia, China, Japan and Russia will help boost the number of views for the movie adaptation of the Marvel comic.
There are already some familiar faces in the film as Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Cobie Smulders gets back to play their roles from the first "The Avengers" movie. Viewers will be able to see the cast again in the second installation of the "Avengers" franchise.
Although there are some rumours that Chris Evans might be quitting his acting career after the contract with Marvel. These rumour stemmed from the actor himself when he said that he is thinking of taking a break from acting, according to the Huffington Post.
Sources say that the actor did clarify in a second interview that he is not retiring but will focus more on his directing instead because he has started to love directing. The directorial debut from the "Captain America" will be seen in the upcoming film "1:30 Train" which is currently in post-production but he will also be starring in this film. There is still no specific date for the release of the said film.
THIS JUST IN: See Thursday's 8pm premiere of @CaptainAmerica in @IMAX and receive this exclusive poster! pic.twitter.com/v1czqG8ZIL — Regal Cinemas (@RegalMovies) April 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks