‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Released April 3rd in Australia, Hit or Miss?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 3, 2014 5:14 PM EST
The release date for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in Australia is today, April 3, 2014 and Marvel fans will be waiting in line to catch the sequel. The reviews for the second installation of "Captain America" varied among the different movie critics but it has been doing well since it has already gained close to half of its original gross. However, it is still too soon to tell whether it will be a success or a flop.
Actor Chris Evans arrives at the UK premiere of \"Captain America: The Winter Soldier\" at Shepherds Bush in London, March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Paul Hackett
The Hollywood premier of the "Captain America 2" was last month, March 13, 2014 and it had garnered an 8.2 rating from the critics of the Internet Movie Database (IMDb). This is a big improvement since the first "Captain America" back in 2011 was only rated as a 6.8. It still has not taken the top spot in the box office from the biblical adaption of "Noah" though.
Several movie critics believe that the sequel to the first superhero in the "Avengers" team did well but not as good as the follow up movies from "Iron Man" and "Thor." There are some speculations that the opening in Australia, China, Japan and Russia will help boost the number of views for the movie adaptation of the Marvel comic.
There are already some familiar faces in the film as Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Cobie Smulders gets back to play their roles from the first "The Avengers" movie. Viewers will be able to see the cast again in the second installation of the "Avengers" franchise.
Although there are some rumours that Chris Evans might be quitting his acting career after the contract with Marvel. These rumour stemmed from the actor himself when he said that he is thinking of taking a break from acting, according to the Huffington Post.
Sources say that the actor did clarify in a second interview that he is not retiring but will focus more on his directing instead because he has started to love directing. The directorial debut from the "Captain America" will be seen in the upcoming film "1:30 Train" which is currently in post-production but he will also be starring in this film. There is still no specific date for the release of the said film.
THIS JUST IN: See Thursday's 8pm premiere of @CaptainAmerica in @IMAX and receive this exclusive poster! pic.twitter.com/v1czqG8ZIL — Regal Cinemas (@RegalMovies) April 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery