Nissan Sells Over 2,000 Datsun Go Hatchback within 10 Days of Launch; Company Posts 3-Fold Increase in March
By greeshma m | April 3, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Amid continuing decline in the domestic auto market, Japanese car maker Nissan recorded over three fold increase in its sales in the country for the month of March.
Nissan, which revived the Dastun brand in India almost after three decades, has sold 2,072 units of Go hatchback in the country within 10 days of its launch. The company sold 7,019 units in March 2014 as against the 2,125 units in the corresponding month last year.
Priced at 3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, the new sensation in the domestic car market is said to have received over 50,000 enquiries till now. The car, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm and accommodates features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
"After the excise duty cut was announced in the Budget, we immediately passed on the benefit to customers and dealers were also compensated. We started on the right note although nothing much was happening in the market in terms of consumer sentiments," PTI quoted Nissan Motor India vice president business management Ajay Raghuvanshi .
The Datsun Go is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl. The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and the vehicle measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2450mm.
The car, which went on production last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, sold in the country through Nissan's 125 dealerships.
Variants and Price
Go D- 3.12 lakh
Go A- 3.46 lakh
Go T- 3.69 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery