‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Spoilers: Testing Times Ahead for Carl Grimes
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 3, 2014 4:40 PM EST
Fans have witnessed Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) grow in the post-apocalyptic world. After the electrifying season 4 finale, testing times wait for Carl in "The Walking Dead" season 5.
Right from season 1 to season 4, Carl Grimes faced numerous challenges. He shot his father Rick Grimes' (Andrew Lincoln) best friend Shane. Later in "The Walking Dead" season 2, he was seen throwing stones at walkers. He also fatally shot his mom after the pregnancy complications. By the time, season 3 ended he killed three people including the Woodbury guy.
However, Hershel Greene (Scott Wilson) and Michonne (Danai Gurira) tried to raise him like a human being and not like a monster. Carl has Rick's darkness inside of him. After the prison destruction in "The Walking Dead" season 4, Michonne, Rick and Carl continued their journey as a mini group.
Michonne and Carl's bond blossomed after the mid-season finale instalment. However, "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A" turned out to be brutal for Carl. One of the marauders tried to rape him, thankfully Rick put him down. Rick also killed Joe and other members of his group with Michonne's help.
Now, Carl has witnessed, probably, the darkest side of papa Grimes. "The Walking Dead" season 5 is expected to show Rick and his team trapped in Terminus.
Major challenges await Carl in "The Walking Dead" season 5 episodes.
One of TV Guide readers predicted that Carl will go all berserk on the cannibals when "TWD" returns with season 5. However, the website noted that the showrunner and producers have not yet confirmed the presence of The Hunters or the cannibals.
"Carl [is] in a pretty bad position locked in this train car at the mercy of other people, and that could lead to him being tested in other big ways. There's a lot of changes left for that kid to go through," said comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman to TV Guide.
Carl Grimes is already calling himself a monster. How will this affect him and the group in "The Walking Dead" season 5?
Showrunner Scott Gimple talked to The Hollywood Reporter about Carl.
"What's interesting and tragic - and this is something we were going for from the start of the season - is that he would wind up with a very mature self-awareness," said Scott.
"He's worried about being a monster, but the fact that he's worried about that is actually wonderful for this kid. At the end of Season 3, he wasn't worried about being a monster. He was almost proud of the rough things he's done. He said, 'I did what I had to do,' in the season finale. In this, he's straight-up worried about the things he's done. He's worried about what his father believes him to be. It's a subtle thing, but the fact that he's worried about his demons to me says he's conquered them, that he is a human being with a conscience."
"The Walking Dead" returns with season 5 this October 2014. Stay tuned for more spoilers, casting and other updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide