11-month-old Baby from Australia Falls Off from Trampoline, Dies; Police Finds Death Suspicious
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
An 11-month-old baby girl from Mandurama in New South Wales, Australia, has died after falling off a trampoline. Police authorities, however, eye her death as suspicious.
A newly-born baby girl, Jolanda, smiles into the camera after her mother, Susan, gave birth to her on a table in the corner of the cityhall in Palo, Leyte, some 15 km (9 miles) away from Tacloban, November 15, 2013. Life returns to normal again a week after Super Typhoon Haiyan, the strongest ever recorded, hit Leyte in the central Philippines. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
The baby girl was taken on Wednesday to the Blayney Hospital around 11 am by a 35-year-old man who claimed to be her stepfather. Her mother wasn't around at the time of the accident.
Blayney Hospital doctors immediately performed CPR, but they were unable to revive her. She died a short time later.
Officers were told the baby had fallen off a trampoline at the family's home.
Police, however, eye her death suspiciously. Forensic officers have joined into the investigation. Homicide squad detectives have also been called in.
"We are treating the death at this stage as suspicious and are looking into that circumstances," Inspector Colin Cracknell from Bathurst Police said.
"We have got police from the homicide squad and the state crime command coming up to assist us today."
Luke Rankin, Chifley Local Area Command detective inspector, said the family's movements are currently being watched.
"I'd really like to appeal for anyone in the community that may have information about the family or their movements during that time," Blayney Chronicle quoted him as saying at the Bathurst police station on Thursday morning.
Anyone who has information about the incident are being encouraged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page at www.police.nsw.gov.au.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch