11-month-old Baby from Australia Falls Off from Trampoline, Dies; Police Finds Death Suspicious
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
An 11-month-old baby girl from Mandurama in New South Wales, Australia, has died after falling off a trampoline. Police authorities, however, eye her death as suspicious.
A newly-born baby girl, Jolanda, smiles into the camera after her mother, Susan, gave birth to her on a table in the corner of the cityhall in Palo, Leyte, some 15 km (9 miles) away from Tacloban, November 15, 2013. Life returns to normal again a week after Super Typhoon Haiyan, the strongest ever recorded, hit Leyte in the central Philippines. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
The baby girl was taken on Wednesday to the Blayney Hospital around 11 am by a 35-year-old man who claimed to be her stepfather. Her mother wasn't around at the time of the accident.
Blayney Hospital doctors immediately performed CPR, but they were unable to revive her. She died a short time later.
Officers were told the baby had fallen off a trampoline at the family's home.
Police, however, eye her death suspiciously. Forensic officers have joined into the investigation. Homicide squad detectives have also been called in.
"We are treating the death at this stage as suspicious and are looking into that circumstances," Inspector Colin Cracknell from Bathurst Police said.
"We have got police from the homicide squad and the state crime command coming up to assist us today."
Luke Rankin, Chifley Local Area Command detective inspector, said the family's movements are currently being watched.
"I'd really like to appeal for anyone in the community that may have information about the family or their movements during that time," Blayney Chronicle quoted him as saying at the Bathurst police station on Thursday morning.
Anyone who has information about the incident are being encouraged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page at www.police.nsw.gov.au.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine