11-month-old Baby from Australia Falls Off from Trampoline, Dies; Police Finds Death Suspicious
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
An 11-month-old baby girl from Mandurama in New South Wales, Australia, has died after falling off a trampoline. Police authorities, however, eye her death as suspicious.
A newly-born baby girl, Jolanda, smiles into the camera after her mother, Susan, gave birth to her on a table in the corner of the cityhall in Palo, Leyte, some 15 km (9 miles) away from Tacloban, November 15, 2013. Life returns to normal again a week after Super Typhoon Haiyan, the strongest ever recorded, hit Leyte in the central Philippines. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
The baby girl was taken on Wednesday to the Blayney Hospital around 11 am by a 35-year-old man who claimed to be her stepfather. Her mother wasn't around at the time of the accident.
Blayney Hospital doctors immediately performed CPR, but they were unable to revive her. She died a short time later.
Officers were told the baby had fallen off a trampoline at the family's home.
Police, however, eye her death suspiciously. Forensic officers have joined into the investigation. Homicide squad detectives have also been called in.
"We are treating the death at this stage as suspicious and are looking into that circumstances," Inspector Colin Cracknell from Bathurst Police said.
"We have got police from the homicide squad and the state crime command coming up to assist us today."
Luke Rankin, Chifley Local Area Command detective inspector, said the family's movements are currently being watched.
"I'd really like to appeal for anyone in the community that may have information about the family or their movements during that time," Blayney Chronicle quoted him as saying at the Bathurst police station on Thursday morning.
Anyone who has information about the incident are being encouraged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page at www.police.nsw.gov.au.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet