11-month-old Baby from Australia Falls Off from Trampoline, Dies; Police Finds Death Suspicious
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
An 11-month-old baby girl from Mandurama in New South Wales, Australia, has died after falling off a trampoline. Police authorities, however, eye her death as suspicious.
A newly-born baby girl, Jolanda, smiles into the camera after her mother, Susan, gave birth to her on a table in the corner of the cityhall in Palo, Leyte, some 15 km (9 miles) away from Tacloban, November 15, 2013. Life returns to normal again a week after Super Typhoon Haiyan, the strongest ever recorded, hit Leyte in the central Philippines. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
The baby girl was taken on Wednesday to the Blayney Hospital around 11 am by a 35-year-old man who claimed to be her stepfather. Her mother wasn't around at the time of the accident.
Blayney Hospital doctors immediately performed CPR, but they were unable to revive her. She died a short time later.
Officers were told the baby had fallen off a trampoline at the family's home.
Police, however, eye her death suspiciously. Forensic officers have joined into the investigation. Homicide squad detectives have also been called in.
"We are treating the death at this stage as suspicious and are looking into that circumstances," Inspector Colin Cracknell from Bathurst Police said.
"We have got police from the homicide squad and the state crime command coming up to assist us today."
Luke Rankin, Chifley Local Area Command detective inspector, said the family's movements are currently being watched.
"I'd really like to appeal for anyone in the community that may have information about the family or their movements during that time," Blayney Chronicle quoted him as saying at the Bathurst police station on Thursday morning.
Anyone who has information about the incident are being encouraged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page at www.police.nsw.gov.au.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Conspiracy Theory: MH17 Actually the Lost MH370, Ukraine Wreckage 'Not MH17'
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- Plane Crash Deaths in 2014 More Than Twice as Many in 2013; Crash Clusters 'Coincidental'
- Viral Video Dance-off: Dad Shows Dancing Skills with Daughter to the Ariana Grande Hit Song Titled Problem
- Viral Video Dancing Old Man: Grandpa Throws Away Canes to Show He Can Still Dance [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide