Could the Heat’s Big 3, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh All Leave Miami in 2014?
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Could the end be near for the Big 3 in Miami?
Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all have the option to leave the team at the end of the season. Will one or all finally decide to move on and leave behind what was a successful run?
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade acknowledged in an ESPN interview that he has yet to decide about his future in Miami. He also added that he will meet with James and Bosh to discuss their future with the franchise.
"I'm at a position where I don't really have to worry about it," said Wade. “I've been with the same organization for now 11 years. We've won multiple championships, so it's no reason where I need to think about that yet. I'm not at a point where we are a bad team and I need to think about the future, so right now I'm really focused on just enjoying this team, enjoying our quest to try to three-peat.”
“And when the season is over, and whatever happens, then I will sit down with Chris and I will sit down with Bron and I will sit down and make the best decision for myself and my family."
Wade recruited James and Bosh in the summer of 2010 to join him in Miami and he also took a pay cut to help acquire both free agents then.
"When we sat down and we signed our deals and all of us made sure we had an opt-out in that fourth year that was our option, so the option is there and you would hope that someone wants to be able to use their option as a player."
All three have similar salary figures. For 2013-2014, Wade is set to be paid $18.3M, James $19.0M and Bosh $19.0M. For the 2014-2015 season, should they decide to pick up their respective player options, all three will earn roughly $20M.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports