Could the Heat’s Big 3, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh All Leave Miami in 2014?
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Could the end be near for the Big 3 in Miami?
Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all have the option to leave the team at the end of the season. Will one or all finally decide to move on and leave behind what was a successful run?
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade acknowledged in an ESPN interview that he has yet to decide about his future in Miami. He also added that he will meet with James and Bosh to discuss their future with the franchise.
"I'm at a position where I don't really have to worry about it," said Wade. “I've been with the same organization for now 11 years. We've won multiple championships, so it's no reason where I need to think about that yet. I'm not at a point where we are a bad team and I need to think about the future, so right now I'm really focused on just enjoying this team, enjoying our quest to try to three-peat.”
“And when the season is over, and whatever happens, then I will sit down with Chris and I will sit down with Bron and I will sit down and make the best decision for myself and my family."
Wade recruited James and Bosh in the summer of 2010 to join him in Miami and he also took a pay cut to help acquire both free agents then.
"When we sat down and we signed our deals and all of us made sure we had an opt-out in that fourth year that was our option, so the option is there and you would hope that someone wants to be able to use their option as a player."
All three have similar salary figures. For 2013-2014, Wade is set to be paid $18.3M, James $19.0M and Bosh $19.0M. For the 2014-2015 season, should they decide to pick up their respective player options, all three will earn roughly $20M.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’