Could the Heat’s Big 3, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh All Leave Miami in 2014?
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Could the end be near for the Big 3 in Miami?
Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all have the option to leave the team at the end of the season. Will one or all finally decide to move on and leave behind what was a successful run?
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade acknowledged in an ESPN interview that he has yet to decide about his future in Miami. He also added that he will meet with James and Bosh to discuss their future with the franchise.
"I'm at a position where I don't really have to worry about it," said Wade. “I've been with the same organization for now 11 years. We've won multiple championships, so it's no reason where I need to think about that yet. I'm not at a point where we are a bad team and I need to think about the future, so right now I'm really focused on just enjoying this team, enjoying our quest to try to three-peat.”
“And when the season is over, and whatever happens, then I will sit down with Chris and I will sit down with Bron and I will sit down and make the best decision for myself and my family."
Wade recruited James and Bosh in the summer of 2010 to join him in Miami and he also took a pay cut to help acquire both free agents then.
"When we sat down and we signed our deals and all of us made sure we had an opt-out in that fourth year that was our option, so the option is there and you would hope that someone wants to be able to use their option as a player."
All three have similar salary figures. For 2013-2014, Wade is set to be paid $18.3M, James $19.0M and Bosh $19.0M. For the 2014-2015 season, should they decide to pick up their respective player options, all three will earn roughly $20M.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues