Shark Attack in Tathra Australia – Shocked Community Learns About the Death of a 60 Year Old
By Sachin Trivedi | April 3, 2014 3:29 PM EST
A morning swim proved fatal for a 60 year old from Tathra, Australia. Witnesses reported that she was taken by a shark. The local community is shocked to hear the news of a shark attack in these parts. Teams are searching the area for the body and the killer shark.
According to the NSW police the 60 year old woman was swimming with a group of people between Tathra Wharf and Tathra Beach. She turned back and may have been swimming alone when the incident happened.
The beach has reportedly been closed for the time being. The local surf life saving personal, Westpac life saver and the Water Police are currently searching the area to find the shark attack victim's body and the shark.
Local community in Tathra, Australia is shocked to hear the news. Although shark attacks do happen in the ocean such incidents in these parts are not common with many people suggesting that this may have been the first in many years.
Some people believe that the shark attack was a tragedy waiting to happen. There were media reports earlier that pointed out that sharks were being lured in closer at the Tathra beach for fishermen and the swimmers were concerned of the potential dangers.
People have taken to the social media to express their shock and sadness over the incident. Helicopters have been deployed in the area and so far the body of the shark attack victim has not been found. Police boats may have to do an ocean floor sweep to do a more thorough search.
Human remains were reportedly found and according to the NSW Police Force a report will be prepared for the Coroner. This is the second fatal shark attack report in Australia in recent days with another reported near Perth.
The body of a 38 year old missing man was found with what appears to be shark bites. He had reportedly gone missing at sea near Perth. He had gone for a recreational dive and his friends have not witnessed any shark attack and the exact cause of death is still unknown.
There have been other incidents of shark attacks in Australia in the past year but none of them have been fatal. Meanwhile people offer emotional support to the family of the victim and the community in Tathra Australia.
More Articles to Read
Melbourne Couple Film 'Porn' in a Train - Online Video Goes Viral [Read]
The Holy Grail Found in Spain? Aprils Fools' Day Has Left Skeptics in Doubt [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage