Scandal Season 3: No One Safe in Final Episodes; Will Fitz Give-Up on Olivia? [SPOILERS]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 3, 2014 3:23 PM EST
"Scandal" is set to become more intense and explosive as it barrels towards its Season 3 finale. Tony Goldwyn, who plays President Fitz, has indicated that no one is safe in the upcoming episodes, and whatever happens will impact all the major characters, irreversibly.
" I didn't know how she [Shonda Rhimes, creator of "Scandal"] would top the death of James Novak [Jake had killed him to protect the republic], and yet she has with this one. The stakes keep getting higher and she [Shonda] just does not back down. All boundaries are removed and truly anything can happen. None of us are safe."
The actor, however, did not confirm whether some major characters will die in the season finale, but he revealed that "... major characters are certainly impacted in irreversible ways by this momentum that is building."
In the previous episode of "Scandal" Season 3, Fitz came to know about Mellie and Andrew's affair, which led to a heated conversation between the two. Fitz also snapped at Olivia when she tried to intervene, so that President's family can get ready for the family interview. The snapping moment looked like Fitz and Olivia's relationship deal-breaker.
When asked how Fitz will balance his relationship with Olivia while keeping his picture perfect family image, Goldwyn said to THR, "I don't know how he'll balance it, but rest assured, Fitz is never going to give up on Olivia."
He also said that it is Olivia who "closes the walls up so the job is never going to be easy."
In addition to Fitz's family affair and Olivia's efforts to bring President's family together for a live interview, the previous episode of "Scandal" also featured Adnan drugging Harrison and getting information about President's re-election campaign itinerary.
Goldwyn said that Mom Pope and Adnan are "certainly" plotting "something extreme" as they have "all the president's movements for the entire campaign." The actor also said that Ivan is not messing around and the plotline involving these three characters "isn't going to cool down."
"Scandal" Season 3 consists of 18 episodes. ABC reduced the number of episodes for this season, reportedly because of Kerry Washington's pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate