Scandal Season 3: No One Safe in Final Episodes; Will Fitz Give-Up on Olivia? [SPOILERS]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 3, 2014 3:23 PM EST
"Scandal" is set to become more intense and explosive as it barrels towards its Season 3 finale. Tony Goldwyn, who plays President Fitz, has indicated that no one is safe in the upcoming episodes, and whatever happens will impact all the major characters, irreversibly.
" I didn't know how she [Shonda Rhimes, creator of "Scandal"] would top the death of James Novak [Jake had killed him to protect the republic], and yet she has with this one. The stakes keep getting higher and she [Shonda] just does not back down. All boundaries are removed and truly anything can happen. None of us are safe."
The actor, however, did not confirm whether some major characters will die in the season finale, but he revealed that "... major characters are certainly impacted in irreversible ways by this momentum that is building."
In the previous episode of "Scandal" Season 3, Fitz came to know about Mellie and Andrew's affair, which led to a heated conversation between the two. Fitz also snapped at Olivia when she tried to intervene, so that President's family can get ready for the family interview. The snapping moment looked like Fitz and Olivia's relationship deal-breaker.
When asked how Fitz will balance his relationship with Olivia while keeping his picture perfect family image, Goldwyn said to THR, "I don't know how he'll balance it, but rest assured, Fitz is never going to give up on Olivia."
He also said that it is Olivia who "closes the walls up so the job is never going to be easy."
In addition to Fitz's family affair and Olivia's efforts to bring President's family together for a live interview, the previous episode of "Scandal" also featured Adnan drugging Harrison and getting information about President's re-election campaign itinerary.
Goldwyn said that Mom Pope and Adnan are "certainly" plotting "something extreme" as they have "all the president's movements for the entire campaign." The actor also said that Ivan is not messing around and the plotline involving these three characters "isn't going to cool down."
"Scandal" Season 3 consists of 18 episodes. ABC reduced the number of episodes for this season, reportedly because of Kerry Washington's pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0