IPL 2014: Online Tickets Sale Starts; Sunil Gavaskar Excited about Prospects in UAE
By Shruthi SU | April 3, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah are all set to host IPL 2014 as the online tickets sale starts on Thursday, 03 April 2014 for the first phase in the UAE. Fans are eagerly anticipating the eight teams to battle it out from 16 April to 30 April for the glamorous trophy.
Indian Premier League 7
The tickets are officially available HERE and HERE. The minimum price for single matches in Abu Dhabi will be AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham) 20, double-headers in the same venue are priced at AED 30. In Dubai, the price starts at AED30 for a single match and AED50 for double-headers. In Sharjah, the tickets price starts at AED30 for one match a day and AED40 for two a day.
Sunil Gavaskar, the interim BCCI President, was all excited at the prospects of holding a large magnitude tournament such as the IPL in the UAE. "I have spent a lot of time over the years in this wonderful country and it is great to see the excitement and buzz being generated prior to a tournament of this magnitude, here in the UAE," Gavaskar said.
"I want to thank the UAE government, the Emirates Cricket Board, the administrations of Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, as well as the three sports councils, for their support and commitment to host the IPL," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman of the IPL Governing Council, said in a statement. "The 20 matches to be played in the UAE will feature top cricketers from all over the world. I am sure that the opportunity to witness their heroes in action will prompt them to flock to the stadiums."
The UAE has recently hosted the ICC U-19 cricket world cup in 2014 and the venues have proved to house the best of facilities. "The venues in the UAE have hosted some extraordinary international matches recently, and I am certain that everyone can expect some unforgettable cricket, in the UAE leg of the Pepsi IPL 2014," Omar Al Askari, Director, Emirates Cricket Board, concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports