IPL 2014: Online Tickets Sale Starts; Sunil Gavaskar Excited about Prospects in UAE
By Shruthi SU | April 3, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah are all set to host IPL 2014 as the online tickets sale starts on Thursday, 03 April 2014 for the first phase in the UAE. Fans are eagerly anticipating the eight teams to battle it out from 16 April to 30 April for the glamorous trophy.
Indian Premier League 7
The tickets are officially available HERE and HERE. The minimum price for single matches in Abu Dhabi will be AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham) 20, double-headers in the same venue are priced at AED 30. In Dubai, the price starts at AED30 for a single match and AED50 for double-headers. In Sharjah, the tickets price starts at AED30 for one match a day and AED40 for two a day.
Sunil Gavaskar, the interim BCCI President, was all excited at the prospects of holding a large magnitude tournament such as the IPL in the UAE. "I have spent a lot of time over the years in this wonderful country and it is great to see the excitement and buzz being generated prior to a tournament of this magnitude, here in the UAE," Gavaskar said.
"I want to thank the UAE government, the Emirates Cricket Board, the administrations of Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, as well as the three sports councils, for their support and commitment to host the IPL," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman of the IPL Governing Council, said in a statement. "The 20 matches to be played in the UAE will feature top cricketers from all over the world. I am sure that the opportunity to witness their heroes in action will prompt them to flock to the stadiums."
The UAE has recently hosted the ICC U-19 cricket world cup in 2014 and the venues have proved to house the best of facilities. "The venues in the UAE have hosted some extraordinary international matches recently, and I am certain that everyone can expect some unforgettable cricket, in the UAE leg of the Pepsi IPL 2014," Omar Al Askari, Director, Emirates Cricket Board, concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date