PS4 News: Sony's Kawano on PS4 Games, Prospects for 'EverQuest Next' on PS4's Project Morpheus, 'Daylight' Gets Delayed
By Gel Galang | April 3, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Despite the reported layoffs in the Sony headquarters related to its studios, it seems that Sony is looking at a very bright future—at least for SCE Japan and Asia President Hiroshi Kawano.
The optimism seems to be stemming from the number of developers that have expressed interest in working on games for the PS4, whether or not these are projects that will really push through or those that are yet to be decided by the respective studios.
According to DualShockers, the figures connected to the PS4 also don't lie: doubled subscribers for the PS Plus in the U.S. alone since the launch of the PS4 as well as the changing industry of gaming that's now bent towards next-gen gaming.
While there are a lot of negative talk about where Sony really is in the industry, there still seems to be quite a lot of activity and hope that can propel it to better waters. And the restructuring with regard to the Sony company may have been a necessary step towards a better and more efficient outlook in the PS4 next-gen gaming.
EverQuest Next has Potential on the PS4's Project Morpheus
'EverQuest Next,' the massively multiplayer online RPG from the EverQuest franchise, may be in the works for Project Morpheus, if the interest of the developers in the PS4-related VR headset is anything to go by.
VG 24/7 reports that the developer has taken an immense interest in the thought of using the Project Morpheus in some way, though there is no concrete statement on whether this will really push through or not.
"VR and AR are things that I personally am extremely excited about. I honestly think that's the future of gaming. But we have a lot of miles to go before we sleep," said David Georgeson, development director for EverQuest, in a statement quoted by VG 24/7. "So we need to build the game, and then we can talk about virtual reality and stuff beyond that," he added.
So this obviously means that, while Project Morpheus is still at a pretty young stage and "EverQuest" is still considered a continuous project, the combination of the two is still in the horizon, but the fact that huge interest already exists, the thought of "we'll see what happens" holds more weight now that before.
'Daylight' Gets Another Delay
The anticipated horror game for the PS4 and PC, "Daylight," will have to be kept in the dark for more time—at least around two more weeks—as developer Zombie Studios need to do a number of fixings in order to make the game deliver on the scares.
Eurogamer reports that instead of an April 8 release date, it has been pushed back to April 29.
"First news you need to know about Daylight is that we had to delay the release date by several weeks. Here's the thing: the way Daylight is developed is completely different because of its procedural generation," said Zombie Studios in a statement directed to Eurogamer.
"In a lot of ways, it really helped the team by streamlining the environment creation, but it's taken extra time to make sure all the scare cues are properly implemented for maximum player effect," the game developer added.
Even though gamers need to wait a bit more for "Daylight" to debut, the title will be discounted once it does debut on the PlayStation Plus.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS