Sexually Abused Harvard Student Writes Open Letter to School, Accuses ‘Lack of Support’
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 3, 2014 2:26 PM EST
A student at the Harvard wrote an open letter after having been sexually abused by a fellow student. In the letter, the girl condemned the school for showing lack of support.
The girl open letter on The Harvard Crimson shows her frustration as she blames the school for discouraging her from charging the boy who abused her. She was forced to stay with the alleged attacker in the same house. The victim, in her open letter called "Dear Harvard: You win", discussed about one "freezing" Friday night when she was sexually abused by the other student.
They had several drinks and things started heating up. The girl wrote that the boy started kissing her aggressively and biting her skin after taking her shirt off. When the girl pushed the boy off and asked him not to show so much aggression, the boy said with a grin that she could hide the biting marks with a scarf. The girl said that the boy kept on abusing her body.
The Harvard student wrote that she was "intoxicated" while she was "trapped" between the wall and the boy who continued to ignore what she said. She apparently turned her back to the boy and prayed that he would leave her alone. The boy then "demanded" to have sex with her. The student wrote that she "obeyed" the boy's demand.
The girl was told by the one of the senior members of the college administration that the boy was "unlikely" to be charged by the Administrative Board for the assault. She was told that the boy's action probably did not "technically" violate the school policy. His act apparently did not comply with the definition of sexual assault as given in the student handbook. The girl blames the school for being "reluctant" to take any action against the boy who sexually abused her. She wrote that she spent most of her time crying in bed. She wondered at times if she heard the voice of the boy who sexually abused her.
The girl wrote that she might have lost her battle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Julie Bishop to Attend UN Climate Summit; Australia Pressured to Announce 'Bolder' Target
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect