Mayweather’s Adviser Bets That Pacquiao Will Be Victorious Over Bradley
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Leonard Ellerbe, one of the advisers of Manny Pacquiao's nemesis Floyd Mayweather, is confident that there will no repeat of what happened in Pacquiao-Bradley I. Ellerbe laid his bets on Pacquiao and thinks that the Filipino boxer will be victorious in the rematch, just like what he thought had happened when the two fighter clashed for the first time in 2012.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines smiles during a news conference in New York August 6, 2013. Pacquiao will fight Brandon Rios of the U.S. in a welterweight match at the Venetian Macao in Macau on November 24. REUTERS/SHANNON STAPLETON
In an interview with Shade 45 Satellite Radio as reported by a local Philippine newspaper, Ellerbe shared his thoughts on the upcoming Pacquiao-Bradley rematch. "I think Manny will win the fight," said Ellerbe. "He won the first one," he added.
Despite laying his bets on Pacquiao, Ellerbe praised Bradley and chanted that he is a "terrific young fighter." It's just that he thinks Pacquiao is too much to handle for the American boxer, who also has an unbeaten record like Mayweather.
Ellerbe also explained why the mega fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather is not happening yet, and the reason why such fight isn't happening can be attributed to Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum. Mayweather has stated in previous interviews that he would never ever work with Arum again.
Ellerbe is the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions. In an interview with Fight Hype in 2009, Ellerbe said he is not the type of person to brag about his role as far as Mayweather's career is concerned. "It is what it is," said Ellerbe. "I try to play behind the scenes as much as possible and just continue to take Floyd's career to the next level.
Meanwhile, with barely over a week before Pacquiao and Bradley meet for the second time on April 12, the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) has already appointed the referee and the three judges who will govern the rematch, ESPN reported.
Kenny Bayless, who is deemed as one of the most reputable in-ring officials, will be arbitrator for rematch. John Keane of Great Britain, Michael Pernick of Florida, and Glenn Throwbridge of Nevada will serve as the judges.
Arum, who promotes both fighters, was pleased that the commission has taken steps in picking the officials for the rematch. "I really commend the commission for taking the steps that they did and with all the transparency in this," said Arum.
"It's the fighters who are most affected by this decision and now neither fighter can say anything whatever happens."
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best