Mayweather’s Adviser Bets That Pacquiao Will Be Victorious Over Bradley
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Leonard Ellerbe, one of the advisers of Manny Pacquiao's nemesis Floyd Mayweather, is confident that there will no repeat of what happened in Pacquiao-Bradley I. Ellerbe laid his bets on Pacquiao and thinks that the Filipino boxer will be victorious in the rematch, just like what he thought had happened when the two fighter clashed for the first time in 2012.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines smiles during a news conference in New York August 6, 2013. Pacquiao will fight Brandon Rios of the U.S. in a welterweight match at the Venetian Macao in Macau on November 24. REUTERS/SHANNON STAPLETON
In an interview with Shade 45 Satellite Radio as reported by a local Philippine newspaper, Ellerbe shared his thoughts on the upcoming Pacquiao-Bradley rematch. "I think Manny will win the fight," said Ellerbe. "He won the first one," he added.
Despite laying his bets on Pacquiao, Ellerbe praised Bradley and chanted that he is a "terrific young fighter." It's just that he thinks Pacquiao is too much to handle for the American boxer, who also has an unbeaten record like Mayweather.
Ellerbe also explained why the mega fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather is not happening yet, and the reason why such fight isn't happening can be attributed to Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum. Mayweather has stated in previous interviews that he would never ever work with Arum again.
Ellerbe is the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions. In an interview with Fight Hype in 2009, Ellerbe said he is not the type of person to brag about his role as far as Mayweather's career is concerned. "It is what it is," said Ellerbe. "I try to play behind the scenes as much as possible and just continue to take Floyd's career to the next level.
Meanwhile, with barely over a week before Pacquiao and Bradley meet for the second time on April 12, the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) has already appointed the referee and the three judges who will govern the rematch, ESPN reported.
Kenny Bayless, who is deemed as one of the most reputable in-ring officials, will be arbitrator for rematch. John Keane of Great Britain, Michael Pernick of Florida, and Glenn Throwbridge of Nevada will serve as the judges.
Arum, who promotes both fighters, was pleased that the commission has taken steps in picking the officials for the rematch. "I really commend the commission for taking the steps that they did and with all the transparency in this," said Arum.
"It's the fighters who are most affected by this decision and now neither fighter can say anything whatever happens."
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports