Russell Brand to Tap into Children's Consciousness with Trickster Tales
By Annie Dee | April 3, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Russell Brand cannot get enough of writing books now that he experienced publishing autobiographies. Now, he is setting his sights on to becoming a renowned children's author. To make it more fun, and perhaps more fun to his target audience, he posted his announcement via YouTube, saying the first title in this series he is planning is entitled Trickster's Tales, Glamour Magazine reports.
The first book of Russell Brand's Trickster's Tales will be a retelling of the hit children fiction Pied Piper of Hamelin. In the YouTube video, the comedian reads the opening lines of his story, "Once upon a time, long ago, in a time that seemed to those present, exactly like now, except their teeth weren't so clean and more things were wooden, there was a town called Hamelin."
Russell Brand is not merely rewriting popular children tales. He is retelling the well-loved children stories because he is aware that children are reading less about these fairy tales and he thinks this can be changed if the tales are retold to better fit children's tastes today. According to him, "It's the first of a series called Russell Brand's Trickster Tales, where I do interpretations of fairy stories and folk tales, believing them to be the code to unlock aspects of our consciousness, and to affect and impact the way that we see the world."
He also said, Once we start changing the way children see the world... we can do all sorts of stuff."
Russell is really serious about this writing project. He is not merely doing this to earn extra or even change career. He really believes his work can change the world. This is why in the video, Brand can be seen to be very excited about the manuscript he is working on. He even showed his collaborations with Chris Riddel, who is an award winning illustrator
Consistent with his current writing passion, it has also been announced that Century also signed a new non-fiction book from Brand, where Brand talks about heavy issues on ecology and politics. Brand is known for his whimsical and idealistic views, so translating these into books is a good idea.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date