Russell Brand to Tap into Children's Consciousness with Trickster Tales
By Annie Dee | April 3, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Russell Brand cannot get enough of writing books now that he experienced publishing autobiographies. Now, he is setting his sights on to becoming a renowned children's author. To make it more fun, and perhaps more fun to his target audience, he posted his announcement via YouTube, saying the first title in this series he is planning is entitled Trickster's Tales, Glamour Magazine reports.
The first book of Russell Brand's Trickster's Tales will be a retelling of the hit children fiction Pied Piper of Hamelin. In the YouTube video, the comedian reads the opening lines of his story, "Once upon a time, long ago, in a time that seemed to those present, exactly like now, except their teeth weren't so clean and more things were wooden, there was a town called Hamelin."
Russell Brand is not merely rewriting popular children tales. He is retelling the well-loved children stories because he is aware that children are reading less about these fairy tales and he thinks this can be changed if the tales are retold to better fit children's tastes today. According to him, "It's the first of a series called Russell Brand's Trickster Tales, where I do interpretations of fairy stories and folk tales, believing them to be the code to unlock aspects of our consciousness, and to affect and impact the way that we see the world."
He also said, Once we start changing the way children see the world... we can do all sorts of stuff."
Russell is really serious about this writing project. He is not merely doing this to earn extra or even change career. He really believes his work can change the world. This is why in the video, Brand can be seen to be very excited about the manuscript he is working on. He even showed his collaborations with Chris Riddel, who is an award winning illustrator
Consistent with his current writing passion, it has also been announced that Century also signed a new non-fiction book from Brand, where Brand talks about heavy issues on ecology and politics. Brand is known for his whimsical and idealistic views, so translating these into books is a good idea.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier