Russell Brand to Tap into Children's Consciousness with Trickster Tales
By Annie Dee | April 3, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Russell Brand cannot get enough of writing books now that he experienced publishing autobiographies. Now, he is setting his sights on to becoming a renowned children's author. To make it more fun, and perhaps more fun to his target audience, he posted his announcement via YouTube, saying the first title in this series he is planning is entitled Trickster's Tales, Glamour Magazine reports.
The first book of Russell Brand's Trickster's Tales will be a retelling of the hit children fiction Pied Piper of Hamelin. In the YouTube video, the comedian reads the opening lines of his story, "Once upon a time, long ago, in a time that seemed to those present, exactly like now, except their teeth weren't so clean and more things were wooden, there was a town called Hamelin."
Russell Brand is not merely rewriting popular children tales. He is retelling the well-loved children stories because he is aware that children are reading less about these fairy tales and he thinks this can be changed if the tales are retold to better fit children's tastes today. According to him, "It's the first of a series called Russell Brand's Trickster Tales, where I do interpretations of fairy stories and folk tales, believing them to be the code to unlock aspects of our consciousness, and to affect and impact the way that we see the world."
He also said, Once we start changing the way children see the world... we can do all sorts of stuff."
Russell is really serious about this writing project. He is not merely doing this to earn extra or even change career. He really believes his work can change the world. This is why in the video, Brand can be seen to be very excited about the manuscript he is working on. He even showed his collaborations with Chris Riddel, who is an award winning illustrator
Consistent with his current writing passion, it has also been announced that Century also signed a new non-fiction book from Brand, where Brand talks about heavy issues on ecology and politics. Brand is known for his whimsical and idealistic views, so translating these into books is a good idea.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports