Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. Google Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Should You Wait For?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 3, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Two Android-based smartphones will battle it out later this year.
Samsung is set to release the fourth generation of Galaxy Note phablet sometime around September. Samsung's tablet-smartphone hybrid gained popularity because it proved to be helpful to professionals.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Set for Q3, expected to release in two variants
Google will also release its new flagship smartphone this year dubbed as the Nexus 6. The Nexus smartphones were also popular because of its fair specs and features paired with a friendly price.
Below are the comparison of some of the rumoured specs and features of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Google Nexus 6.
Google Nexus 6 was expected to pack a screen display of no less than5 inches with higher resolution than its predecessor. Google has to prove its prowess in making better screen displays as its previous panels were fair but not as stellar as its rivals. Samsung Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, will most likely pack a bigger screen display. Rumours claimed that the device will sport a three-fold screen display.
Google Nexus 6 was rumoured to be powered by a 64-bit chipset either from Intel or Qualcomm. Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comes with eight core processor from Exynos or Qualcomm.
Both devices will run with the latest Android operating system. Google was rumoured to launch the Android 4.5 or 5.0 at the I/O Conference in June. However, Google Nexus 6 may gain an advantage as it receives the updates earlier than most Android-based smartphones.
Google Nexus 6 will pack a better camera of 13 megapixels, based on rumours. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will also upgrade its rear shooter from 13MP to either 16MP or 20MP.
The Nexus 6 might be equipped with the 3000mAh or 3200mAh battery while Samsung's phablet will pack more than 3,000 mAh battery capacity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments