'How I Met Your Mother' Series Creator Craig Thomas Defends Finale on Twitter
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2014 1:52 PM EST
The shocking twist in the "How I Met Your Mother" series finale continues to make noise on the Internet as fans express what they think about the ending with some people accepting the ending as it is while the others posting comments of outrage and disappointment. For that reason, "How I Met Your Mother" series creator Craig Thomas took to Twitter to defend the finale and thank the viewers.
Spoiler Alert! This feature contains major HIMYM finale spoilers. The series finale finally showed how Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) met "The Mother" and revealed her name, Tracy McConnell (Cristin Milioti).
However, Ted's kids revealed that it has been six years since their mom died so it is time for their dad to go after Aunt Robin (Cobie Smulders) and reunite with her. According to the Globe and Mail report, Craig Thomas has been nervously posting messages on his Twitter account @HimymCraig about the series finale.
Thank you all. I mean it: Every possible reaction to the last 44 minutes...thank you all...#HIMYM
— Craig Thomas (@HimymCraig) April 1, 2014
The Deadline report revealed that Craig Thomas has been tweeting before, during and after the HIMYM finale airing where he thanked everyone who watched the CBS sitcom even though he had to defend the controversial ending. According to Mr Thomas, he and co-creator Carter Bays wrote the comedy series with the dramatic elements until the very end.
Craig Thomas further pointed out that they did the HIMYM finale based on real life's twists and turns. The Sydney Morning Herald report claims Craig Thomas and Carter Bays already knew the HIMYM plot for the finale when the CBS sitcom premiered in 2005.
Seriously - no matter what you thought of tonight, THANK YOU...you were with us. We love you. — Craig Thomas (@HimymCraig) April 1, 2014
The ending received mixed reactions on social media sites and one fan took the liberty of sharing on YouTube the alternate ending where Ted ended up with Tracy and not Robin. According to the National Post, the new and improved "How I Met Your Mother" ending still had Ted and Tracy talking under the yellow umbrella.
Then, the clip jumps to Ted telling his children "And that's how I met your mother" before fading to black. Even though the "How I Met Your Mother" finale was slammed, the ratings revealed that the show pulled in 12.9 million viewers on Monday night, March 31, which is described to the series' "all-time best ratings."
More Articles to Read:
How I Met Your Mother' Series Finale Review: 15 Major Spoilers, Ted Mosby's Misdirection Revealed [Watch Promo Video] - [READ]
'How I Met Your Dad' Casting Change: Actress Krysta Rodriguez Leaves 'How I Met Your Mother' Spinoff Series - [READ]
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9, Series Finale: Ted Mosby's Reason, Death, Pilot Flashbacks? Watch A Million Answers! [Watch Promo Video] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying